What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.385.20253

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Can you shed some more light on the new security related Asus Healing System, with downloaded signature files?

I can't, sorry.

as well as provide a Kr00k patch?

No. Only Broadcom and Asus can patch it, and it has to be done individually for each model. The only model with a patched driver available in a GPL release so far is the RT-AC86U.

I have anyway reverted the router back to 3.0.0.4.385.20252 due to irregular WiFi outages, probably caused by CPU load spikes.
Stable for a couple of days now.

Just saw that 3.0.0.4.385.20433 is available. AND.....I can report that CPU use is normal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Release notes:
1. Update Adaptive QoS categories: Help you to prioritize the mission-critical applications
Those people who work-from-home & learn-from-home will greatly benefit from this new feature with optimized streaming experiences.
New Supported Categories & Apps:
- Video conferencing, including Microsoft Teams®, ZOOM®, Skype®, Google Hangouts®, BlueJeans®
- Online learning, including Khan academy®, Udemy®, Coursera®, TED®, VIPKiD®, 51Talk®, XDF®, Xueersi®
- Streaming, including YouTube®, Netflix®, HBO NOW®, Amazon Prime Video®, Disney+®, ESPN®, MLB.com®, iQIY®
- Indoor training, including Zwift®, Peloton®, Onelap®
Stay tuned and more apps are coming to the list soon!

2. Support Mobile Game Mode
- One-click prioritizing your mobile device to the highest and ensure you the best mobile gaming experiences.
- Install/Update ASUS Router App (Android supports later than 1.0.0.5.44; iOS supports later than 1.0.0.5.41)

Oh, and I found out that by changing Adaptive QoS > "QoS - WAN/LAN Bandwidth Monitor" to Auto (or any other setting) while router is working causes wonky spikes between CPUs and, in my case, seems to kill Internet. Had to power cycle to get connectivity back. Can anyone else confirm? I set it back to 100mbps and it's fine now. Will monitor over the coming days.

Last edited:
So the other thing I am now noticing is that my Internet speed has slowed down. My Motorola SB6141 (firmware SB_KOMODO-1.0.7.3-SCM02-NOSH) is showing as connected at 100mbps at the WAN port but it's a gigabit port. I have 125Mb/6Mb service and now it can't hit higher than 76Mb/6Mb. I'm going to reboot both modem and router later. If that doesn't help, I'm going to try and downgrade back to .20252 later and see if it improves. Will report back.

Attachments

• 100mb.png
    100mb.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 198
Power cycle the modem and your router - double check the patch cable as well if your router is unable to establish a 1Gbps connection to your modem.

Power cycle the modem and your router - double check the patch cable as well if your router is unable to establish a 1Gbps connection to your modem.

Well, not sure which fixed it but a power cycle of the modem and router again seems to have fixed it. Gigabit speed is back in router status and Internet speed is back to normal.

Anyone have any idea what kernel the router is running? Does one hsve to SSH into it to find that info?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!