What's new

Release ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.45987

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Does that Edge generated password contain special characters, spaces, or punctuation?

RE: DDNS Bug
Asus replied again to my bug report and said it was being escalated. I assume the bug will be fixed in the next release. Thankfully it's cosmetic.

Nope only contains one special character and took that out. App still wont login.

How many characters are there?

For those of you that like your wired AC68U AiMesh node to transfer over LAN at full ~1 Gbps speed, this release is to be avoided just like every release since 3.0.0.4.386.43129:
I tested 3.0.0.4.386.45987 today and the results are exactly the same. I get ~480 Mbps max downstream for wired devices connected to the AiMesh node (which is itself wired to the primary AC68U). Running Merlin 386.3_2 or ASUS official release 3.0.0.4.386.41634 allows those devices to transfer at ~920 Mbps.
I was really going crazy trying to figure out why my speeds seemed to be capped at 480 Mbps. I had just upgraded my internet speed from xfinity AND did a firmware update around the same time so there were lots of moving parts. I figured it was the router but didn't see anything online about any specific firmware issue until I just saw your comment. I really don't want to downgrade to an older version but I am very curious if that would get double the download speed in doing so.

There is no router icon in AiMesh section and no games images in Open NAT section. Is this normal for this release or I have to hit reset again?

There is no router icon in AiMesh section and no games images in Open NAT section. Is this normal for this release or I have to hit reset again?
Check the error messages in your browser. The images are not available on Asus' servers. Effects Merlin as well.

Hi all,

I'm having a particular issue after upgrading from version 3.0.0.4.386.43137 to the last two releases:

It is that when I go to the "Network Map" section, I see just for a couple of seconds the details of the WAN and then just change to
" Internet status:
Disconnected"

View attachment 37882

If I downgrade to 3.0.0.4.386.43137 it works fine again. Anyone else having this situation?

And of course the internet connection is working, just reported as "Disconnected" which is.. weird.
Just FYI,

After the report I sent, ASUS asked me to do a factory reset which didn't fix anything at all.

This was fixed (at least for me) until firmware 3.0.0.4.386.48262 was available a few days ago.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!