What's new

Asus RT-AC68U Keeps rebooting...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TuffPoo

New Around Here
Hello! I have been lurking around and can't seem to find a solution. For the past two days my router keeps dropping signal in various intervals and resets. It is using the latest firmware 3.0.0.4.386_41634. I included the log. If it is my routers hardware what do you all suggest for a new router? This one has treated me very well over the years and has been very reliable. Thank you!

Attachments

• Asus RT-AC68U.txt
    374.9 KB · Views: 177
Welcome to the forums @TuffPoo.

I would suggest trying/testing the RMerlin 386.1 Beta 5 (or later) with the Merged GPL 386_41700 instead.

Whether you try RMerlin firmware or not, I would attempt to fully reset the router first, before planning to purchase a new one.

Fully Reset Router and Network

After confirming (or not) that it is not hardware issues, the following is what I suggest to set up the router/network again.

New M&M 2020

M&M 2020 Specifics

What Router do you have? (edit: nevermind, it was in the title)

What do you have connected to eth2? Unplug it and see if you see any improvement.

What Router do you have? (edit: nevermind, it was in the title)

What do you have connected to eth2? Unplug it and see if you see any improvement.

... the client with adapter mac 64:FF:0A:80:ED:88.

OE

... the client with adapter mac 64:FF:0A:80:ED:88.

OE

My bad, I am usually in the AC86U world (eth2 is a lan port). In the 68U, eth2 is one of the wireless radios. Same concept though, as @OzarkEdge says, what device is mac ID 64:FF:0A:80:ED:88? It seems to be raising cain with your router.

I have been having this problem for last 2 weeks or so also - almost around when I updated FW to 386_41634. I saw on another thread that someone reverted to 385_20633 to get back the stability. I have tried that today, and we will see if that works.

Sorry for the late reply, I did solve my problem this is how I did it. I first followed the steps above to reset my network and router. Then I installed the merlin firmware for it and did a full reset again. It has been very stable and no random reboots! The device that was raising hell with my router is my living room smart TV I don't know what to do about it. Any suggestions?

What model TV is that? Have you tried resetting the TV? Hardwiring it? Using a spare router in Media Bridge mode if directly wiring it isn't an option?

What exact issues is it causing you anyways?

All that TV does is spam "syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(466): eth1: Deauth_ind 64:FF:0A:80:ED:88, status: 0, reason: Class 3 frame received from nonassociated station (7)" in my system log Its a 75 inch Sony TV we bought from Costco. I have reset it and it does the same thing. I don't have a spare Asus router to make is a media bridge.

A TV needs very little bandwidth (vs. a computer). I'd buy the cheapest Asus router in your location which does Media Bridge mode (RT-AC66U_B1 here). The older RT-AC56U is also highly recommended for Media Bridge use.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!