What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U Port Forwarding

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

OnTheShore

New Around Here
Cheers All ...

I have had my router for 3 months ... and cannot get ports opened ... can anyone suggest a different router as I am not prepared to grow ancient trying to figure out why Asus cannot provide detailed instructions that work in order for me to use my router for it's intended purpose ...

Or ... is there a source that I can hire (already spent a ton on the most expensive router out there) that can assist in opening ports ... and probably setting up router ... this is NOT a user friendly device....

PF is relatively simple. You can obviously hire a service to come and set your router up. I'm sure best buy's geeks (if they are still around) will come and do it for you. Or you can post what you want to do and people can help guide you on how to achieve that result. The forums are user friendly...

if you go to portfoward.com they probably have a guide you can follow for whatever you are trying to do.

Perhaps you can give a bit more detail about what you are trying to do? Simple port forwarding (like http or ftp) is relatively straightforward:

Login to the router, click on WAN on the left hand menu then on Virtual Server / Port forwarding on the top menu.

Enter a name, port, IP of forwarded computer and port, hit + and the Apply.

If you are using DHCP you may wish to make sure that the computer always has the same IP otherwise it obviously wont work the next time it gets an IP ...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!