What's new

ASUS RT-AC860

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cmj147

New Around Here
Hi Guys

newbie here looking for a bit of help.

i have a rc860 router running merlin firmware - via virgin 200meg fiber.

i need to know if there is a way of auto cleaning the cache so I don't need to keep tuning power off of 15mins.
use a lot with my Nvidia shield and after about two days I have to poser off for 15mins to clear.

any help would be great

colin

I've never heard of an RT-AC860 or an rc860. Do you mean RT-AC86U?

Why do you have to "power off for 15mins to clear"? What problem are you experiencing?

I've never heard of an RT-AC860 or an rc860. Do you mean RT-AC86U?

Why do you have to "power off for 15mins to clear"? What problem are you experiencing?

Hi Colin

it is the RT-AC86U

what it is I watch a lot of stuff via an IPTV on my Nvidia shield, all runs ok for a few days then it start to freeze every now and then.

if I power off the router for around 10/15 mins then all is ok for a few days, i assume this clears the cache.

colin

The router doesn't cache any kind of network traffic so I don't know what you think you're clearing. As far as the router is concerned there is no difference between powering it off for 1 minute, 15 minutes or 100 minutes. This sounds more like an issue with the Nvidia Shield or the IPTV service.

What firmware is the RT-AC86U running? When was the last time you reset it to factory defaults? Without using a saved backup file to reconfigure it.

What previous router did this one replace?