What's new

ASUS RT-AC86U Antenna Boosters / External Antenna possible?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Have you contacted your landlord? what do they have to say about this issue?
If they're not sympathetic or understanding that it will impact the rentability and income of the property, I'd encourage you to raise the issue with whatever dispute resolution mechanism you have there. In my jurisdiction, it's called the Landlord-Tenant board, and if an agreement can't be arrived at, leases can be broken legally.

Have you contacted your landlord? what do they have to say about this issue?
If they're not sympathetic or understanding that it will impact the rentability and income of the property, I'd encourage you to raise the issue with whatever dispute resolution mechanism you have there. In my jurisdiction, it's called the Landlord-Tenant board, and if an agreement can't be arrived at, leases can be broken legally.

Complicated, but it's an Almshouse Property owned by local parish council. I'm not a tenant, I'm a beneficiary of the charity - and, well, yeah, it's super complicated. The builders of course don't give a ..... .

Complicated, but it's an Almshouse Property owned by local parish council. I'm not a tenant, I'm a beneficiary of the charity - and, well, yeah, it's super complicated. The builders of course don't give a ..... .
get your fellow residents to make a unified approach to the council to assist in remedying the problem you're all surely having? Charity does have limits though...

get your fellow residents to make a unified approach to the council to assist in remedying the problem you're all surely having? Charity does have limits though...
Not quite true, there's 21+ brand new properties in this £4.5m charity development, I only know the layout of 6 of them (5 others are the same as mine), the rest, going from what I've heard are in better positions. The next issue is I'm literally that 0.1% that it bothers, the other 99.99% here don't have smart switches, or CCTV etc, so don't even notice the issues regarding WiFi strength since in their lounge, it's great for them. Without drawing out all the details I'm basically "the awkward one" because I'm somewhat of a techie. The council don't care either, it's nothing to do with them, there's no-one that will care or rule over the current "tough luck" stance since it is usable as such.

My best approach as others mentioned, will be to use the more powerful router as a LAN device only (so turn off WiFi), then place the wireless router in one of the rooms that the ethernet sockets run to in order to bring the WiFi out of the stupid cupboard and hopefully improve signal. The problem is mainly my CCTV and ring doorbell, that despite being mere meters (maybe 4), from the WiFi have a poor -76 to -84 RSSI signal strength.