What's new

Release ASUS RT-AC86U Firmware 3.0.0.4.386.46092 2022/03/03

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have problem with original asus firmare site - site dont work "502 - Bad Gateway". Is any other with same problem?

Hello.
After i enabled DoT in my 86u, then my smart TV cannot connect to smart content (LG Content Store).
Anyone have this issue ?

Hello.
After i enabled DoT in my 86u, then my smart TV cannot connect to smart content (LG Content Store).
Anyone have this issue ?

I wonder if using a different DoT server/provider would help.

OE

Last edited:
Has anybody noticed whether that occasional "kernel: bcm_mcast_mld_add:833 mc_fdb->rep_list ffffffc01(...)" entry many of us are/were getting in the syslog is still present with this 46092 firmware?

I'm running Merlin 386.5 (which is based on an unreleased 46065 version), and even though it's been cleanly installed, I'm getting that line several times a day. No Diversion/amtm, etc. According to a previous post by RMerlin, it's just "debugging info from the Multicast kernel module that Asus left in there, it does not indicate a particular error". So there's no functional impact, it's just cosmetic, but I wonder if Asus has addressed it with this latest stock release. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
After i enabled DoT in my 86u, then my smart TV cannot connect to smart content

Similar issue reported by a friend of mine with AC86U router. Since last update he has to reboot the router every few days to keep it going, if DoT is used. Also, Web History stops recording over time, according to him. I did load this firmware on my AC86U to test, but I don't use the router long enough to replicate the issue. Perhaps factory reset and manual setup with 46092 will help?

Similar issue reported by a friend of mine with AC86U router. Since last update he has to reboot the router every few days to keep it going, if DoT is used. Also, Web History stops recording over time, according to him. I did load this firmware on my AC86U to test, but I don't use the router long enough to replicate the issue. Perhaps factory reset and manual setup with 46092 will help?
i restored factory default after fw update, so this is not resolve this issue.

Issues when using DoT reported in AC68U thread as well:

I guess, something around DoT implementation needs fixing.

Has anybody noticed whether that occasional "kernel: bcm_mcast_mld_add:833 mc_fdb->rep_list ffffffc01(...)" entry many of us are/were getting in the syslog is still present with this 46092 firmware?
Yes it is still there in the latest asus release.
In my case its logging that mostly at night when there is nothing going on as far as i know.
Its a mysterie :)

Yes it is still there in the latest asus release.
In my case its logging that mostly at night when there is nothing going on as far as i know.
Its a mysterie :)

Thank you for confirming, @Rav0z. This is obviously not the solution, but if those entries bother you too much, you can remove them from the log by running the following command over SSH:

Code:
sed -i "/bcm_mcast_mld_add:833/d" /tmp/syslog.log

I'm far from an expert, but the above seems to work very well for this particular cosmetic issue. Hopefully one of the more experienced members can confirm whether it's safe to run that occasionally just to get rid of the excessive log clutter. Thanks.

Thank you for confirming, @Rav0z. This is obviously not the solution, but if those entries bother you too much, you can remove them from the log by running the following command over SSH:

Code:
sed -i "/bcm_mcast_mld_add:833/d" /tmp/syslog.log

I'm far from an expert, but the above seems to work very well for this particular cosmetic issue. Hopefully one of the more experienced members can confirm whether it's safe to run that occasionally just to get rid of the excessive log clutter. Thanks.
Hey man ,thanks for that.
It doesn't bother me so much it gets logged, but i been wondering whats causing it.
When we go to sleep here everything is shut down/powered of wifi wise, besides the router and 2 nas devices.
So i was a little concerned someone was fiddling with our network, or trying to since i never seen those log messages.
Anyway,i keep an eye on it for now.
Thanks.

You're welcome, @Rav0z. In my case, it's very easy to see that's caused by my kids' smartphones as soon as they get connected to the network. The log shows the Auth/Assoc/DHCPREQUEST/DHCPACK messages, with their corresponding MAC and IP addresses, just before the bcm_mcast_mld_add:833 entries (a couple each time). It's 100% reproducible, so at least I'm not concerned about what's generating those messages. If you haven't done that already, maybe you can get additional clues by playing a little with your log levels?

Good luck with your investigation! :)

Last edited:
So, while this release improved the stability for a short while, I've now tested it enough to conclude that there is still a consistent pattern where the 2.4ghz band crashes (all clients thrown off) (a long term pattern that Asus surely knows of). This time around, it happens after about 3-4 days of uptime.

Which is an improvement, but still completely unacceptable, and further evidence that this router is complete garbage, and Asus is either incapable or not interested in investing the proper resources into making their products work as intended, and thus, cannot be trusted.

So, while this release improved the stability for a short while, I've now tested it enough to conclude that there is still a consistent pattern where the 2.4ghz band crashes (all clients thrown off) (a long term pattern that Asus surely knows of). This time around, it happens after about 3-4 days of uptime.

Which is an improvement, but still completely unacceptable, and further evidence that this router is complete garbage, and Asus is either incapable or not interested in investing the proper resources into making their products work as intended, and thus, cannot be trusted.
seriously ?
1647680932141.png

2.4GHz band rock stable, same as 5GHz.

seriously ?
View attachment 40263

2.4GHz band rock stable, same as 5GHz.
Did you experience any problems before this latest release? I know I'm not the only one who did, judging from both the thread I linked, and the fact that one of the feats in the changelog of this version is "Improved the connection stability."

Did you experience any problems before this latest release? I know I'm not the only one who did, judging from both the thread I linked, and the fact that one of the feats in the changelog of this version is "Improved the connection stability."
yes on beta fw

Hello
Iam portuguese
Can someone help me please, every 10 days i need to reboot my rt-ac86u, because i lost internet connection, my Wan can not get a new ip, after reboot works fine. That happens every 10 days.
Thanks for the help

Same here - it is driving me crazy. Sadly, I am away from home at present - so have no access to cameras and blind control.
I am at the stage of dropping the 86U and hoping for better reliability from…AX86U but the cost is scary at present….maybe AX92U? I have research to do.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!