What's new

Release ASUS RT-AC86U Firmware 3.0.0.4.386.46092 2022/03/03

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hello
Iam portuguese
Can someone help me please, every 10 days i need to reboot my rt-ac86u, because i lost internet connection, my Wan can not get a new ip, after reboot works fine. That happens every 10 days.
Thanks for the help
i had similar issue

Last edited:
Thanks VANT - that sounds right. I’ll check when I get back home….but I can‘t survive with these dropouts. I just need to find a cost-effective replacement that I can trust. I have HFC and wired a pair of 86Us that are great when it is working!

Last edited:
I am not sure if this happened with the latest firmware, but the internal speedtest no longer works. Also client descriptions dont stick and revert to previously input entries.

I am not sure if this happened with the latest firmware, but the internal speedtest no longer works. Also client descriptions dont stick and revert to previously input entries.
for me internal speedtest work ok. Client list work same as previously.

Hello
Iam portuguese
Can someone help me please, every 10 days i need to reboot my rt-ac86u, because i lost internet connection, my Wan can not get a new ip, after reboot works fine. That happens every 10 days.
Thanks for the help
This is best discussed in a separate thread, because we don't know that it is specific to this firmware or not(?) - did you have this problem before updating to this latest version? Anyways, now that we're here, here is something that can help relieve the problem:

1. First of all: describe the problem in "Administration/Feedback". This is important, so Asus can scan your log for errors and get to work on a permanent fix, as the suggestion below is not optimal.

2. If this happens reliably every 10 days or so, you can try to automatically reboot the router once a week in order to get ahead of the issue. Set it up in "Administration/System/Enable boot scheduler" and then set it to reboot once a week at night when there is low traffic on your network.

3. If you want to, you could also try attaching a USB fan and see if that "solves" the issue. In which case, you can include that in the log free-text field so that Asus knows that they have to implement some throttling if the CPU temperature and %load reaches a certain level.

Last edited:
Hey, I've been using the AC-86U for a while and it's been locking up every once in while over the last 3 years.
I just installed the latest firmware update that lasted about 4 days and now I can't access it remotely.
This router it's a pain in the A$$ now. going to replace it with Asus ROG Strix GS-AX5400
ASUS why cant you fix your shirte??

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!