What's new

ASUS RT-AC86U firmware release 3.0.0.4.384.45149 12/05/2018

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know.

I feel a bit sorry for you in that so many users here seem to think you're their personal tech support guy...

Nothing kills open source projects faster than random users constantly harassing the developers...

I feel a bit sorry for you in that so many users here seem to think you're their personal tech support guy...

Nothing kills open source projects faster than random users constantly harassing the developers...

I did not mean it like that. I saw that @RMerlin has a new alpha in which this update from ASUS may have been added and that the problem then disappeared.

Apologies if it didn't happen that way.

@RMerlin,

Are the problems with the error messages now gone after update to 45713?

The issue of wireless clients coming and going from the Network Map all the time seems fixed anyway, haven't seen any sign of it so far. AI Mesh seems more stable as well. Had one netratelimit error message in 24 hours, which of course could be anything. Cautiously hopeful here anyway!

Hey, i have similuar problems with the wlan connection with my Mobile Phone (Xiaomi, Android). (Merlin 384.12):

Jul 20 09:11:10 WLCEVENTD: eth5: Disassoc F4:60:E2:B8:FF:EE
Jul 20 09:11:13 WLCEVENTD: eth5: Assoc F4:60:E2:B8:FF:EE
Jul 20 09:21:16 WLCEVENTD: eth5: Disassoc F4:60:E2:B8:FF:EE
Jul 20 09:21:19 WLCEVENTD: eth5: Assoc F4:60:E2:B8:FF:EE
Jul 20 09:31:21 WLCEVENTD: eth5: Disassoc F4:60:E2:B8:FF:EE
Jul 20 09:31:25 WLCEVENTD: eth5: Assoc F4:60:E2:B8:FF:EE
Jul 20 09:41:27 WLCEVENTD: eth5: Disassoc F4:60:E2:B8:FF:EE
Jul 20 09:41:30 WLCEVENTD: eth5: Assoc F4:60:E2:B8:FF:EE
Jul 20 09:51:31 WLCEVENTD: eth5: Disassoc F4:60:E2:B8:FF:EE
Jul 20 09:51:35 WLCEVENTD: eth5: Assoc F4:60:E2:B8:FF:EE

Its the only Device, that have the problem. All other Wlan Devices are runing fine.

The problem is only when the following setting is enabled:

IPv6 -> Automatic configuration settings -> stateless.

When i use "stateful" all works fine, but no Android device (Mobile Phone, Nvidia Shield, Sony TV, Tablet) gets an ip6.

Any Idea? I tryed default settings, restart , Firmwaredowngrade ect. Nothing helps.

That MAC belongs to a Samsung device. Could be a mobile device trying to connect to your router without the proper WPA2 passphrases (associating means the radio is talking with the device, however it does not mean the device successfully authenticated with it). On the Wireless Log page these should show as Associated, but not Authenticated.

Some devices will also randomize part of their MAC, in a poorly-thought attempt at "security". Check for any Samsung device you might have on your network.

eth5 is the 2.4 GHz radio. eth6 is 5 GHz.
Hello to Great Merlin!
First of all, thank you for this beautiful explanation, and I am really happy to read this post today after searching and waiting for a long time to see if Asus will fix it.
which never happened with the newest FW.
So I just want to say I was able to find a way to fix my issue on the two Samsung phones we have!
The problem started to show that we were connected to WiFi but had no internet connection.
Syslog is showing lines of errors:
----------
wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(539): eth7: Auth
wlceventd_proc_event(568): eth7: Assoc
wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(503): eth7: Deauth_ind
wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(549): eth7: ReAssoc
---------
with MAC addresses that belong to both phones.
The wireless log also showed:
Associated: YES
Authorized: Blank
Like you said, the main issue is that Samsung devices are using random MAC addresses, and for this reason they have authorization problems.
Notice: To fix this issue
1. We need to make sure we are connected to the wifi.
2. Setting > Connections > Wi-Fi > Wi-Fi (current network) > Gear icon next to it > advanced > And here, just change the MAC address type to "Phone MAC".

I am using reply on your post because it is important to read your explanation. I hope this can help others learn how to fix their problems.
Thank you, Merlin.
Best Regards,

Hello to Great Merlin!
First of all, thank you for this beautiful explanation, and I am really happy to read this post today after searching and waiting for a long time to see if Asus will fix it.
which never happened with the newest FW.
So I just want to say I was able to find a way to fix my issue on the two Samsung phones we have!
The problem started to show that we were connected to WiFi but had no internet connection.
Syslog is showing lines of errors:
----------
wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(539): eth7: Auth
wlceventd_proc_event(568): eth7: Assoc
wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(503): eth7: Deauth_ind
wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(549): eth7: ReAssoc
---------
with MAC addresses that belong to both phones.
The wireless log also showed:
Associated: YES
Authorized: Blank
Like you said, the main issue is that Samsung devices are using random MAC addresses, and for this reason they have authorization problems.
Notice: To fix this issue
1. We need to make sure we are connected to the wifi.
2. Setting > Connections > Wi-Fi > Wi-Fi (current network) > Gear icon next to it > advanced > And here, just change the MAC address type to "Phone MAC".

I am using reply on your post because it is important to read your explanation. I hope this can help others learn how to fix their problems.
Thank you, Merlin.
Best Regards,

This thread is 4 years old, why bother replying at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!