What's new

ASUS RT-AC86U firmware release 3.0.0.4.384.45713

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Was that with the GUI reset method? Was the 'Initialize all settings..." checkbox checked?

Or, was the NVRAM erase process used in your case?
WPS with unplug/plug back power jack method.

Router is running 2 days now error free. Going to monitor for an extended period.

WPS with unplug/plug back power jack method.

Router is running 2 days now error free. Going to monitor for an extended period.

A normal reset to factory defaults via the GUI would not have left the stats untouched. Something to keep in mind. :)

Yes, I am aware of the initialise option in the GUI. Did that almost 3 weeks back when the router hang up not too long after the firmware, done via the router update feature.

This time did not use the GUI to factory reset just the hardware method with WPS and power jack. As a precaution, upload a fresh copy of the firmware manually, minimum configuration and factory reset.

So far so good. If the router turns problematic again, will swap out with the ISP supplied router and the aging AirPort backhaul for extended wifi coverage. And send the router back to ASUS for warranty as routers are not supposed to be this problematic. And everything is behind clean power and no noticeable dust on the router or surrounding area (dust can be an issue with weird hardware at times). Cannot think of anything else to fix.

Messing with a 86U having run into a wall with the new Netgear AX80. Coming back after having a 68U forever and using RMerlin's FW. I have a client that keeps dropping off and saying disconnected when its not. Its a Netgear smart sorta managed switch. Had same problem with Netgear's R7800 that did work for me and Voxel's FW. Kamoj wrote a script that fixed it. So it is possible to fix. He change how it reads or how often it reads the client is connected? He'd have to explain it. Perhaps Kamoj can share with RMerlin?

Its the same client for me that drops off the client list. I know its connected cause I can connect to it. Everything connected to it works. As others have noted assigning it IP address manually takes the guess work out. It should work though and Kamoj's script does indeed work, keeps this client on my client list permanently.

Yes, I am aware of the initialise option in the GUI. Did that almost 3 weeks back when the router hang up not too long after the firmware, done via the router update feature.

This time did not use the GUI to factory reset just the hardware method with WPS and power jack. As a precaution, upload a fresh copy of the firmware manually, minimum configuration and factory reset.

So far so good. If the router turns problematic again, will swap out with the ISP supplied router and the aging AirPort backhaul for extended wifi coverage. And send the router back to ASUS for warranty as routers are not supposed to be this problematic. And everything is behind clean power and no noticeable dust on the router or surrounding area (dust can be an issue with weird hardware at times). Cannot think of anything else to fix.

Hello i have spam with acsd ever 15 mins or so how did you fix it and did you send ur router for warranty for them to fix the issue?

Hello i have spam with acsd ever 15 mins or so how did you fix it and did you send ur router for warranty for them to fix the issue?

I only noticed this in firmware 45717...

I disabled Smart Connect, assigned separate SSIDs for each band, and switched Auto WiFi settings to:

o 2.4 GHz: n-only, 20 MHz, ch 1, 6, or 11... these do not overlap at 20 MHz bandwidth... use the least congested;

o 5.0 GHz: n/ac mixed, 20/40/80 MHz, ch 157 MHz (non-radar sensitive), Auto.

Now waiting for the next firmware release.

OE

I disabled Smart Connect, assigned separate SSIDs for each band, and switched Auto WiFi settings to:

o 2.4 GHz: n-only, 20 MHz, ch 1, 6, or 11... these do not overlap at 20 MHz bandwidth... use the least congested;

OE
Yes im using 45717 firmware let me try your settings and i report back.

Do you use merlin or stock? Which one was less problematic becouse i have 8 down /3 up internet and my pings are jumping from 50 to 500 . Which firmware version was least problematic?

#edit

20 minutes without spam i think your settings are working for now let me report back after few hours . But the ping spikes problem is really annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes im using 45717 firmware let me try your settings and i report back.

Do you use merlin or stock? Which one was less problematic becouse i have 8 down /3 up internet and my pings are jumping from 50 to 500 . Which firmware version was least problematic?

I have not used Merlin firmware... I may if Merlin AiMesh support is released.

A slow Internet connection might make many issues worse that would otherwise go unnoticed. I would not suspect the router firmware out of hand.

OE

A slow Internet connection might make many issues worse that would otherwise go unnoticed. I would not suspect the router firmware out of hand.

OE

I mean i used to have terrible tp link archer c1200 which had rock stable ping as well as previous routers right now my ping is going nuts and the only solution i found before was to factory reset and reconfigure when router is not connected to the internet but then once i tried to change wifi settings it started to jump again. Right now 40 minutes without spam i guess ur settings are working for wifi.

OE

Also 1 hour without spam you are the boss thank you for interest and good advice. I hope itll continue this way.

This is some bugs in Asus Router AC 86U:
1/ WTfast some one server not working (AUS...) in Diablo 3
2/ All server Wtfast game CsGo not working.
3/ WiFi 5ghz work very bad (some one my device work 5ghz very good in old version 3.0.0.4.384.45713, but now work only 2.4ghz new version...bored)

Hope fix soon Wtfast support all server list and Wifi 5ghz work good same Version 3.0.0.4.384.45713

Last edited:

OE

You try check WTFAST if you use Asus AC 86U you will see WTFast work very [badly]....i think WTfast is good option of Asus router 86 U and i buy, but now i see very [bad] WTFAST in asus router...You can try it with CSGO any server or auto...and you will see you cant play game :).

You try check WTFAST if you use Asus AC 86U you will see WTFast work very shirt....i think WTfast is good option of Asus router 86 U and i buy, but now i see very shirt WTFAST in asus router...You can try it with CSGO any server or auto...and you will see you cant play game :).

Sorry, I don't play computing games.

Post your issue once here to see if anyone can help. Otherwise, report it directly to ASUS, if you care to. I would try to be more informative than just saying "work very sh*t" and "i see very sh*t".

OE

When i say no good about asus router...mode or admin snb forum no accept my comment...ok good....i will contact direct asus....

Sorry, I don't play computing games.

Post your issue once here to see if anyone can help. Otherwise, report it directly to ASUS, if you care to. I would try to be more informative than just saying "work very sh*t" and "i see very sh*t".

OE

I can relate they advertise their routers as gaming ( with wtfast mainly) but when u compare actual wtfast program and the one used in router ull get 50~ ms difference with router beeing worse. So yes wtfast works like total shirt and should be removed or at least improved to the level of actual program u get from wtfast site.

When i say no good about asus router...mode or admin snb forum no accept my comment...ok good....i will contact direct asus....

If you are implying that we censor posts because they are negative, then you are wrong. I deleted you last post because it was an exact duplicate of what you wrote here in #133.

If you are implying that we censor posts because they are negative, then you are wrong. I deleted you last post because it was an exact duplicate of what you wrote here in #133.

No....you no know comment or creat topic....i post reply and mode or admin snb no acept....i see unfair here

Attachments

• IMG_20190902_080243.jpg
    IMG_20190902_080243.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 453

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!