What's new

ASUS RT-AC86U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.20648

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

VANT

Very Senior Member
Wersja 3.0.0.4.384.20648 2018/04/12 60.52 MBytes

Suport multi-langue(UTF-8) network name*

Security fixed
-Fixed CVE-2018-8826 remote code execution vulnerability. Thanks to Chris Wood.

Bug fixed
- Improved AiMesh stability.
- Fixed AiMesh mac filter bugs
- Improved system stability.
- Fixed DST related bugs.
- Fixed client list related bugs.
- Fixed traffic analyzer UI bugs.

* Windows XP and Windows 7 do not support UTF-8 format SSID. These two OS may see gibberish if using multi-language SSID.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 31554f9a71f28acc5d3da8d4e7b59902

Download
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wi...915.602222590.1523605125-481172642.1521626089

Last edited:
looks like 20648 is now our for all AiMesh

P.S. for last 5 updates Asus did I had to do full reset for every router and start over clean to get all to work properly ...

i always do factory default for my routers after fw update.

Upgraded with no problems...

I'm finding that Roaming Assistant is not working as intended with my two AC86Us operating in main/AP mode (not AiMesh). With it enabled on the main router using the factory -70 dBm kickoff setting (and disabled on the AP), my devices mostly exhibit no change in their AP preference when the RSSI as indicated by the main router is well below -70 dBm while at the same time the AP would produce a much better RSSI. I only started using it recently so this issue may have been around for a while.

You may want to try adjusting the roaming assist db cutoff numbers. That helped in my case, once they are tweaked for your perticular setup, it should work fine.

So far with this firmware, I have no issues with my 86u as main with 2 other Aimesh nodes

I'm finding that Roaming Assistant is not working as intended with my two AC86Us operating in main/AP mode (not AiMesh). With it enabled on the main router using the factory -70 dBm kickoff setting (and disabled on the AP), my devices mostly exhibit no change in their AP preference when the RSSI as indicated by the main router is well below -70 dBm while at the same time the AP would produce a much better RSSI. I only started using it recently so this issue may have been around for a while.

Stateful IPV6 still doesn't work in the 384.20648 firmware. IPV6 tab shows the IPV6 prefix, connected devices show no IPV6 address. Stateless IPV6 appears to work as expected, connected devices show IPV6 addresses when ipcofig/all command is used to check for for the IPV6 addresses.

network map still has a problem with a samsung device on the guest network. it "sees" it as wired while it's connected on the 2.4 band. i suspect it has to do with the device being on the guest network as all the other mapping issues are now fixed!
i have not done a factory reset. seems like overkill, especially since these problems are getting fixed in time by asus and a normal reboot after the upgrade has worked well for me. overall, after years with linksys (1900ac/3200acm) and dd-wrt, i'm quite pleased with the simplicity of this merlin interface and the consistency of this ac86u. That said, connection to my smart lg's could be improved but i'll gladly live with that over the years of headaches with linksys products.

Network map still has lots of little bugs. As others have mentioned, it shows guest network connections as if they are wired connections. Also, it has the occasion to show a device as a Static IP and its name is replaced with a MAC address when the device is clearly on DHCP and has a name. Happens on wireless and wired devices. It also doesn't correct itself automatically after a few days as some have suggested. The only fix I have found is to "hack" the router by changing the default router IP address to something else and this forces it to think again and "presto" the network map works as expected. That is my only gripe.

Network map still has lots of little bugs. As others have mentioned, it shows guest network connections as if they are wired connections. Also, it has the occasion to show a device as a Static IP and its name is replaced with a MAC address when the device is clearly on DHCP and has a name. Happens on wireless and wired devices. It also doesn't correct itself automatically after a few days as some have suggested. The only fix I have found is to "hack" the router by changing the default router IP address to something else and this forces it to think again and "presto" the network map works as expected. That is my only gripe.

Can you send a Feedback to Asus about your findings please? The fact that it mostly affects Guest client is fairly new to me, in the past people only indicated that some of their clients showed up as wired without any other details.

Pinging @arthurlien in case he wants to point Rawny at this discussion.

@arthurlien

Hi arthurlien.

Bug report.

Aicloud loaded subtitles when video name and subtitle name were same.
(380.7743 when I used rt-ac1900p // Aicloud + MX player on Android.)

But on recent firmware, it doesn't. (382~)
I think ALL MODEL have this problem.
Please forward to engineer to identify the problem.

Thanks.

Ps. router_feedback@asus.com responded me. Its mailbox is full.

傳遞至下列收件者或群組失敗:

router_fbsvr@asus.com
收件者的信箱已滿,目前無法接受郵件。請稍後嘗試重新寄送此郵件,或直接與收件者連絡。

Last edited: