What's new

ASUS RT-AC86U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384_81351

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

FWIW, the 86u I have setup at my parent's house...

T1DNZak.png

T1DNZak

The change to fixed channels likely would have done it.

I also would have reset 81351 before configuring it.

OE

Well, my WLCEVENTD issues came back (although not as frequent).

Also, the router will periodically say the internet is disconnected and a big X will display on the internet status, until I reboot.

The funny part of this story is, I got fed up with ASUS and went back to Netgear.

I purchased a Netgear R6700v3, set it up and then ran some speed tests.

I was getting 550 Mbps with my ASUS and the Netgear was maxing out at 170 Mbps in all speed tests.

So I did some google research and it turns out the latest Netgear firmware for that router also has issues.:eek:

Now I have two routers with bad firmware issues and I paid an extra $50 for the pleasure. :mad::rolleyes:

Well, the ASUS is back in online.

Well, my WLCEVENTD issues came back (although not as frequent).

Also, the router will periodically say the internet is disconnected and a big X will display on the internet status, until I reboot.

The funny part of this story is, I got fed up with ASUS and went back to Netgear.

I purchased a Netgear R6700v3, set it up and then ran some speed tests.

I was getting 550 Mbps with my ASUS and the Netgear was maxing out at 170 Mbps in all speed tests.

So I did some google research and it turns out the latest Netgear firmware for that router also has issues.:eek:

Now I have two routers with bad firmware issues and I paid an extra $50 for the pleasure. :mad::rolleyes:

Well, the ASUS is back in online.

I thought tp link is worst cuz thats what ppl seemed to suggest ( i never had problem with 2 tp links ive had after restoring defaults everything worked rock stable) so i went asus cuz so many ppl around forums recommended it. Last firmware is a joke , bad performance and exactly what you discribed "Also, the router will periodically say the internet is disconnected and a big X will display on the internet status, until I reboot."

Like i said there are many ppl here who close eyes on problems instead of trying to resolve them. Its Asus fault that we have to deal with this crapware . Idk what it comes from but fact that updates are so rare doesnt help and lesson learnt from last 2 firmwares is next one will be rather worse than better.

@NetworkDude have you set your WAN DNS servers automatically? Either to your ISP's or to (eg) CloudFlare (1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1)?

@NetworkDude have you set your WAN DNS servers automatically? Either to your ISP's or to (eg) CloudFlare (1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1)?

Using google DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

But I just realized IPv6 has a separate DNS setting set to automatic.

*changed to 2001:4860:4860::8844 and 2001:4860:4860::8844

I thought tp link is worst cuz thats what ppl seemed to suggest ( i never had problem with 2 tp links ive had after restoring defaults everything worked rock stable) so i went asus cuz so many ppl around forums recommended it. Last firmware is a joke , bad performance and exactly what you discribed "Also, the router will periodically say the internet is disconnected and a big X will display on the internet status, until I reboot."

Like i said there are many ppl here who close eyes on problems instead of trying to resolve them. Its Asus fault that we have to deal with this crapware . Idk what it comes from but fact that updates are so rare doesnt help and lesson learnt from last 2 firmwares is next one will be rather worse than better.

Well, the hour I spent configuring the Netgear reminded me of why I left Netgear.

The UI is old and very slow and every setting change/save takes 30+ seconds for the progress bar to finish loading. I do like the new attached devices page, it actually makes a very good attempt at correctly identifying my device type and shows some relevant information.

The system log is still trash and provides very little relevant information.

I guess I will just wait for two companies to fix their firmware.

@NetworkDude have you given a fair shot (use M&M Config after flashing) to the RMerlin firmware?

Can we expect any new mayor firmware updates ??? internet access get laggy (unresponsive) in some parts of a day.. no meter wireless or wired.. (tested at a same time on separate client connected directly to modem) internet work fine at he time of.. problems.. internet is 500/15 cable..

86u using airmesh with 68u ... .. problem happen on both nodes...
tredmicro snort problem ?

i think we need this patch:

"Fixed browser no response problem when enabled Traffic analyzer"

Can we expect any new mayor firmware updates ??? internet access get laggy (unresponsive) in some parts of a day.. no meter wireless or wired.. (tested at a same time on separate client connected directly to modem) internet work fine at he time of.. problems.. internet is 500/15 cable..

86u using airmesh with 68u ... .. problem happen on both nodes...
tredmicro snort problem ?

i think we need this patch:

"Fixed browser no response problem when enabled Traffic analyzer"

I mean strong hardware ,good cpu, strong wifi signal, good security all is fine but why is it advertised as gaming router ? This is biggest joke ever when 10 euro routers will obliterate this router in raw performance in online gaming for example ( and excuses saying wtfast and stuff is like telling runner he has boots for running when in fact he got trepy shoes with wet sand inside.

Local dns stoped resolving.. WTF ? how to fix it.. (dns for internethosts stil working)...