What's new

ASUS RT-AC86U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384_81351

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

organshifter

Regular Contributor
Currently only seeing it through the WebUI and ASUS Router mobile app.

Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384_81351

- Release Note -

1. Fixed a DDoS vulnerability.
2. Fixed Let's Encrypt related bugs.
3. Fixed folder creating bugs in Samba.
4. Fixed dual wan failover bugs while the primary wan type is L2TP.

Download

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC86U/FW_RT_AC86U_300438481351.zip

3oIRJyn.jpg

i cant find this fw on site wchich you posted.

Thanks. I found it through the router GUI.
I can confirm Let's Encrypt is working again and the WLCEVENTD messages are still spamming the log.

I can confirm Let's Encrypt is working again and the WLCEVENTD messages are still spamming the log.

If they insist on putting that debug crap in there, they need a toggle to set the level of information you want to see for the log.

How's the gui acting; any weird white or black pages, refresh rate from section to section, etc. Any weirdness. I've stopped being an early adopter on Asus firmware updates...been burned more than once.

How's the gui acting; any weird white or black pages, refresh rate from section to section, etc. Any weirdness. I've stopped being an early adopter on Asus firmware updates...been burned more than once.
So far, so good. It's only been an hour, though. I hear you...I got burned on 81039.

i cant find this fw on site wchich you posted.
The link titled "Download" points to the AC86U's official site. However, the firmware hasn't posted there yet, which is why I stated that it's only currently available through the WebUI or the ASUS Router mobile app. I did, however, provide a second link which immediately downloads the firmware from Asus's official servers.

edit: never mind it's working now.

let's encrypt didn't work for me until I did a factory reset.

Last edited:

No GUI problems to note after running the latest firmware (v81351) for a few hours. CPU usage is normal, nothing to note so far...firmware update seems fine. Nice to have the LetsEncrypt fix as well. I have four RT-AC68U AiMesh nodes that received the update a couple of weeks ago and they've been running well also. As of the time of this post, the AC86U update can only be downloaded through the web GUI, or the direct download link in the first post of this thread. The same was true for the AC68U's when the v81351 update was made available. Took a couple of days for it to show up on the ASUS support website.

How can you enable this red interface visible on the screen from the first post? After the update, I have an old interface in gray :-(

How can you enable this red interface visible on the screen from the first post? After the update, I have an old interface in gray :-(
Buy a GT-AX11000, look at the top of the picture. :)

after the factory reset on all 3 routers (two 86us and one 68u) i can't add the 68u as a node on the mesh. the two 86u routers are working fine and let's encrypt is working again.

that's the gui of another router (AX 11000) the 86u is a node in his setup.

after the factory reset on all 3 routers (two 86us and one 68u) i can't add the 68u as a node on the mesh. the two 86u routers are working fine and let's encrypt is working again.

that's the gui of another router (AX 11000) the 86u is a node in his setup.
Ok. Thinks

update: the only way i got the 68u to work as an aimesh node was to roll back both the 86u and the 68u to firmware 81049. in the latest firmware i can only use my two 86u routers in a mesh setup.

Strange behavior. When i added my devices to static reservation then router sometimes freezing for a few second.

Strange behavior. When i added my devices to static reservation then router sometimes freezing for a few second.
If I good remember this behavior I noticed a long time ago.

(Wydaje mi się, że chyba prawie zawsze tak miałem)

From gaming perspective anything before and after 3.0.0.4.384.45717 is a unplayable joke . It simply doesnt work properly everything hangs lags and takes 3 sec to load while at 3.0.0.4.384.45717 is decent.

I always live on the edge and update to the latest version when the GUI says so.

Everything seems fine so far.

From gaming perspective anything before and after 3.0.0.4.384.45717 is a unplayable joke . It simply doesnt work properly everything hangs lags and takes 3 sec to load while at 3.0.0.4.384.45717 is decent.

Have you tried hard resetting your 86U and re-doing your configuration from scratch with the latest firmware installed? I do a lot of gaming as well and haven't had any issues with the newest firmware versions. ASUS released a dud a couple of versions back but they did sort it out within a couple of weeks.

Not to sure what is going off with your connection but I have 4 xbox one x's In the house connected by Wifi + many other device's - seems to be working fine for me.