What's new

Release ASUS RT-AC86U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.48260

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

No one can give you an advice based on this limited information. Reset your router to factory defaults, configure it manually (don't use old configuration files), keep most settings at default (unless you really need something changed). This router and this firmware don't have the issue you are experiencing.
Followed your advice and discovered that the problem appears when I set a domain name on the LAN IP tab. I'm not figuring out why.

Last edited:
Much earlier in this thread it was reported that this version of the firmware broke AImesh. Does anyone know if this is being confirmed as a definite fault in the firmware version? Also, does the Merlin release that's based on this firmware version suffer a similar problem? I've held off doing the update to this latest simply because of that reported issue.

Much earlier in this thread it was reported that this version of the firmware broke AImesh. Does anyone know if this is being confirmed as a definite fault in the firmware version? Also, does the Merlin release that's based on this firmware version suffer a similar problem? I've held off doing the update to this latest simply because of that reported issue.
for me work ok (AC86u + AC68u). Earlier version fw for 68u broke AIMesh, current is ok.

Works perfectly as node to AX86U main. I haven't tried the other way around.

One "issue" - my test devices prefer to connect to AC86U node even further away and ignore closer AX86U main. :)

I use official 48620 in my two AC86U (main and node) and AiMesh works beautifully.

I haven't tried the other way around.

It works both ways in wireless AiMesh to AX86U as main and as node, but on Asuswrt only on both routers. I see nothing broken. Asuswrt-Merlin doesn't recognize the node in both AX->AC and AC->AX combinations. This is a known issue though with known workaround.

It would appear that my questions/concerns were justified.

Oh man.

So I've been on 3.0.0.4.386_48260 for a few months.

Today I noticed when I plugged my Note 22 Ultra into the Ethernet using a UNI Ethernet to USB-C adapter (and ran a speed test), it wouldn't go past 200 Mbps, sometimes not even 100Mbps (wired).

I tried another android device that was previously getting 800Mbps and same slow speeds.:oops:

I thought the Ethernet adapter was bad, so I tried a new one. Same issues.:oops:

I tried the Note 22 Ultra on Wifi and it was getting 800Mbps. :confused:

I just downgraded back to 3.0.0.4.386_46092 and now all my Android devices are back to 800Mbps downloads using Ethernet.

What is going on?

Oh man.

So I've been on 3.0.0.4.386_48260 for a few months.

Today I noticed when I plugged my Note 22 Ultra into the Ethernet using a UNI Ethernet to USB-C adapter (and ran a speed test), it wouldn't go past 200 Mbps, sometimes not even 100Mbps (wired).

I tried another android device that was previously getting 800Mbps and same slow speeds.:oops:

I thought the Ethernet adapter was bad, so I tried a new one. Same issues.:oops:

I tried the Note 22 Ultra on Wifi and it was getting 800Mbps. :confused:

I just downgraded back to 3.0.0.4.386_46092 and now all my Android devices are back to 800Mbps downloads using Ethernet.

What is going on?
Thanks for reporting your important discoveries. What is going on? Only one way for Asus to find out and possibly get it corrected in future firmware versions (because, apparently, they don't test for shirt before shipping their firmware, based on years of observations, especially with the AC86U):
- upgrade back to the affected 3.0.0.4.386_48260 firmware,
- do some file transfers as to trigger the logging of any bugs causing the slow performance.
- file a report to Asus in the webgui under "Administration/Feedback" - describe what you did in the free-text field, and remember to check "attach logs" so they can use it to problem solve.
- downgrade and cross your fingers for a future update. If that fails, rinse and repeat again for the next firmware.

It would be helpful if any others in here have the opportunity to do the same.

Last edited:
I have the RT-AC86U Router with Firmware 3.0.0.4.386_ 48260

I have random disconnections from the 5ghz Wifi network.

I understand that problems can occur when releasing a new firmware, but losing network connection is serious, where is Asus QA?

I've added an RP-AX56 Mesh to my network and I'm already regretting trusting this brand.

Last edited:
Tengo el Router RT-AC86U con Firmware 3.0.0.4.386_ 48260
Tengo desconexiones aleatorias de la red Wifi de 5ghz.

Entiendo que pueden ocurrir problemas al lanzar un nuevo firmware, pero perder la conexión a la red es grave, ¿dónde está el control de calidad de Asus?

He añadido un RP-AX56 Mesh a mi red y ya me estoy arrepintiendo de haber confiado en esta marca.
In english pls.

I have the RT-AC86U Router with Firmware 3.0.0.4.386_ 48260

I have random disconnections from the 5ghz Wifi network.

I understand that problems can occur when releasing a new firmware, but losing network connection is serious, where is Asus QA?

I've added an RP-AX56 Mesh to my network and I'm already regretting trusting this brand.
Sorry for that. That's how ASUS works. I never trust ASUS.

Apparently non-existent, I can tell you from extensive experience.

Thanks for reporting your important discoveries. What is going on? Only one way for Asus to find out and possibly get it corrected in future firmware versions (because, apparently, they don't test for shirt before shipping their firmware, based on years of observations, especially with the AC86U):
- upgrade back to the affected 3.0.0.4.386_48260 firmware,
- do some file transfers as to trigger the logging of any bugs causing the slow performance.
- file a report to Asus in the webgui under "Administration/Feedback" - describe what you did in the free-text field, and remember to check "attach logs" so they can use it to problem solve.
- downgrade and cross your fingers for a future update. If that fails, rinse and repeat again for the next firmware.

It would be helpful if any others in here have the opportunity to do the same.

I spoke too soon. I checked the speeds one hour later and they degraded back to around 200Mbps.

Time to go back to Netgear?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!