What's new

Asus rt-ac86u smart connect not working properly

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

plumz

New Around Here
Hi,

I was testing the Asus smart connect feature and having some troubles with it lately. When I connect the device to the wifi, it initially selects the 2ghz connection and when i do a speed test, it switches to the 5ghz connection. When i go out of range of 5ghz, it switches back to the 2ghz connection. So far so good, but when i come back to the 5ghz range and do speed test or some wifi load intensive task then it stays in the 2ghz connection forever until I reconnect to the wifi and repeat the above task.

Why the smart connect does not switch back my 2ghz connection back to 5ghz connection when i am back in the range and doing a network intensive tasks?

Here are the settings I am using.

Appreciate the help

Attachments

• 2020-11-29 05_32_06-ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC86U - Smart Connect Rule — Mozilla Firefox.png
    2020-11-29 05_32_06-ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC86U - Smart Connect Rule — Mozilla Firefox.png
    335 KB · Views: 148
Hi,

I was testing the Asus smart connect feature and having some troubles with it lately. When I connect the device to the wifi, it initially selects the 2ghz connection and when i do a speed test, it switches to the 5ghz connection. When i go out of range of 5ghz, it switches back to the 2ghz connection. So far so good, but when i come back to the 5ghz range and do speed test or some wifi load intensive task then it stays in the 2ghz connection forever until I reconnect to the wifi and repeat the above task.

Why the smart connect does not switch back my 2ghz connection back to 5ghz connection when i am back in the range and doing a network intensive tasks?

Here are the settings I am using.

Appreciate the help

Maybe it will eventually... do you wait long enough. It is your wireless client that decides where to connect. Some clients behave better than others. Some clients have their own connection settings that may help.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!