What's new

ASUS RT-AC87 Firmware - Official Releases

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Anyone knows why I get this error message?

skarmavbild-2015-11-27-kl-16-30-47.png

I have tried redownload the file on both Win & Mac and used different unpacking programs. No luck.

Reboot your router, with no USB disk plugged in, then try again. Your router is just too low on free memory.

Reboot did the trick, thanks.

Should I wipe my settings and redo them now that I have updated FW?

Depends from which version you were upgrading. If it's a bit older, then it's a good idea to do so, especially as Quantenna has been updating their wireless driver in recent releases.

Is there any way the Asus Download master application to be controlled by the QOS?

Search for another recent thread or posts where QoS is said to not include the router itself. So, to answer your question? Probably not without a lot of programming and code writing, if it is possible at all.

Since Apple removed the ability to access VPN over PPTP in iOS 10, is there any way to get the AC87 to support L2TP instead?

Since Apple removed the ability to access VPN over PPTP in iOS 10, is there any way to get the AC87 to support L2TP instead?

Thought it did - but in any event, also consider that the OpenVPN iOS client is free, and works well enough.

PPTP is rapidly going away, and probably for the best, as it's pretty trivial to break these day in near real-time...

Thanks!

Had a look at the OpenVPN app and it's one of the most ugliest apps I've seen (looks like an app from the earlier days of Android) but it might do its job ok.
But if someone spent that little time on the UI, how much time have they spent on the code keeping it secure etc?

What is the options for us that wanna stick with iOS. Running a L2PT server behine our AC87?

Never judge software by it's UI if the UI is not the important part of the software. There are many VERY capable programmers out there who are just not good at making UIs or who don't even bother. That doesn't mean the software is bad.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!