What's new

Asus RT-AC87U and Universal Media Server

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

greig2000uk

New Around Here
Hi,
just got the AC87U set up and running great using latest Merlin FW 378.56_2.
Thing is , I cant get my Cambridge Audio Minx Xi to see Universal Media Server installed on my Win 7 x64 PC, Under Media locations on my Minx there is "Kodi" from my Droidbox (not used) and RT-AC87U-9DF8 (which holds my FTP server, not used for music) and usually I would see UMS here and am able to go into it and see my music folders. I have switched from an Asus RT-N56U router that worked fine with UMS and my network completely wired. All I done is switch routers. Is there an issue with this firmware with UMS or am I missing something...

Doesn't work for me. Same as the print server.

To be honest, I've had to disable all the special features of this router because it's so unstable.

I can't get more than a day or two of uptime if I use any of the traffic analysis / QoS stuff. The VPN client is buggy as hell and usually ends up leaving you with no connection.

Dual WAN kinda works but connections constantly drop when going out on the secondary WAN.

Don't be surprised if you don't get ideal feedback for this specific model.

Everything works for me except UMS, no other problems that I have come across - If I do get other problems I'll deal with them in a different thread