What's new

ASUS RT-AC87U Firmware 3.0.0.4.380.3264

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yes, same issues in 2695 and 3264
i can back to old fw using asus miniweb cfe or recovery tools without any problems.

Something strange.I used Time Setting in Wireless-Professional to auto turn off both 2,4 and 5,0 antennas from 2:00am till 10:00am.When the time came it did work but all my devices(phone,laptop and tablet) was still connected to 5,0G just didnt had internet access.
Was like only the wifi LED from the router went off and block internet but the antenna didnt really turn off was still on.I dont know if its a normal situation or a problem.2,4 antenna was completely off you couldnt see it on wifi scanner.
So far no disconnects or anything everything works like they should.It usually takes couple days before it starts doing tricks.(stability problems,strange messages,crashes etc)

Can someone check and see if the Firmware Restoration (restore.exe) will still allow you to downgrade the router if needed? There was another way to do it as well I think Vant may have used that to restore back.

Looks like they still havent fixed the HDD spindown.Tried on USB 2.0 with an ADATA 500gb and a WD Elements 500gb and hard disk stays on all the time never goes in sleep mode.

Looks like they still havent fixed the HDD spindown.Tried on USB 2.0 with an ADATA 500gb and a WD Elements 500gb and hard disk stays on all the time never goes in sleep mode.

The firmware itself has no control over that - it doesn't feature any kind of "sleep" daemon. It's up to the hard disk and the enclosure's own firmware to determine how to handle power management.

The firmware itself has no control over that - it doesn't feature any kind of "sleep" daemon. It's up to the hard disk and the enclosure's own firmware to determine how to handle power management.

So something is keeping HDD always on when its formatted in ntfs, cause on EXT4 it works great.

Also when the HDD is formatted in NTFS if you do a disk scan it will find a 100 problems that is trying to repair think it has anything to do with that?

Enabling IPv6 causes the UI to respond very slowly (2-3 min to log in and also select settings when you are in) in this version. Also enabling IPv6 causes the wireless log to report that the 5ghz band is not ready even though it is working.

Performance seems unaffected though. Just slow UI and glitchy wireless log.

If you turn off IPv6, everything returns to normal in terms of responsiveness of the UI and even the wireless log reports correctly in the 5ghz band.

Flashed it twice because I thought something went wrong the first time and also did a factory reset both times and enter settings manually. Update was applied through Ethernet so I think this is a bug.

I've got the same problem (AC87U). It takes me ~5 min to even get the admin page to display. After I login, it'll sit for another 2-5 min. Every change I make, same thing, anywhere from 2-5 min. Sometimes the page won't even display and I'll get "connection refused." I upgraded the firmware to try and fix the httpd restart bug that was causing the WiFi networks to drop. Disabled ipv6 just now and everything is back to normal.

So something is keeping HDD always on when its formatted in ntfs, cause on EXT4 it works great.

One thing to check is the Media Server. Asus enables it by default, it's possible that its scan process might be interfering with the router's ability to go into sleep mode.

Got the same issue with this firmware as with 2695, the 5 ghz guest Network does not get isolated.
But the 2.4 guest Network gets isolated propperly.. isnt there anyone else that is experiancing this issue? And i Always do a factory reset after fw upgrade

Got the same issue with this firmware as with 2695, the 5 ghz guest Network does not get isolated.
But the 2.4 guest Network gets isolated propperly.. isnt there anyone else that is experiancing this issue? And i Always do a factory reset after fw upgrade

Did you also clear the NVRAM too? And minimally and manually configure the router to secure it and connect to your ISP (without using a backup config file)?

Yes factory reset after upgrade only changes made are manualy set up guest Network for both 2.4 and 5 ghz, changed dtim to 1 enabled igmp snooping and mimo beta.
Key rotation to 0 fixed Channel 6/112.
Redused usb 3 interferens.
Disabled media sharing and enabled adaptive qos set to movie.
And enabled ddns.
The weird part is that it Works as it should on 2.4ghz but not on 5ghz.
So my workaround is only use 2.4 for the kids devices.

But this is still a bug that shouldnt be there.

And i cant belive i am the only One with this issue

im have same problem. im update to this last fw. reset nvm and reset all. enable ipv6 and now i can not log in to my Ac87..:( all my hdd is share for all , i cant change it in windows share setup..
why is it? can explain merlin?

I have the IPv6 bug also. Pretty annoying. Other than that the firmware seems stable. 5 days and 18 hours of uptime as of this post.

thc

It's not that you can't log in, at least in my case, it just takes an abnormally long time. Input your credentials in the log in screen and then wait a good 5+ min and you should be in. Then disable IPv6 and the GUI should respond normally.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!