What's new

ASUS RT-AC87U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.6117 BETA

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I just want to say 3.0.0.4.378_6117 still has the WPS '12345670' pin bug 8-(
It is quite strange ASUS did not add the fix into 6117 since they already fixed it for a private build, also my contact from Quantenna reported they did the fix for ASUS.
Anyhow, user of RT-AC87U, make sure you reboot the router once you change the WPA2 key, or else :cool:
Let me ping the ASUS product manager, they still owe me an ASUS router.

I just want to say 3.0.0.4.378_6117 still has the WPS '12345670' pin bug 8-(
It is quite strange ASUS did not add the fix into 6117 since they already fixed it for a private build, also my contact from Quantenna reported they did the fix for ASUS.
Anyhow, user of RT-AC87U, make sure you reboot the router once you change the WPA2 key, or else :cool:
Let me ping the ASUS product manager, they still owe me an ASUS router.

Can you share that build please?

CC

Still no MU-MIMO in 6117. Quite strange as Quantenna guy told me they gave it to ASUS.
I think I gave up on RT-AC87U for MU-MIMO, and shoot for any wireless router with QCA chipset Wave2.

Still no MU-MIMO in 6117. Quite strange as Quantenna guy told me they gave it to ASUS.
I think I gave up on RT-AC87U for MU-MIMO, and shoot for any wireless router with QCA chipset Wave2.

How would you test it if it is included? The RT-AC87U is Wave2. Wave3 is what I am waiting for now (hopefully with more than 4 antennae and 4 streams).

How would you test it if it is included? The RT-AC87U is Wave2. Wave3 is what I am waiting for now (hopefully with more than 4 antennae and 4 streams).
I have QCA wave2 with MU-MIMO PCIe card for over-the-air test so I can use QCA card as client to peer with ASUS, I have Agilent and Veriwave to capture/inject the RF of MU-MIMO.
Still waiting for Broadcom Wave2 chipset with MU-MIMO, so in the meantime there is Quantenna with supposedly MU-MIMO.

To answer your question, if RT-AC87U has MU-MIMO you can configure the device into client-bridge mode and peer with another RT-AC87U in AP or router or a Linksys/Netgear with QCA chipset and see how everybody work with a Wave2 wireless sniffer.

I had until today ASUS RT-AC56U with Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.4585. I use it in Media Bridge mode, and because IPv6 was broken 76% of the time I updated to this fw. Now there is no IPv6 at all.
EDIT: After the update I made factory reset using Web UI, without any difference.
EDIT2: Downgraded to Firmware Version: 3.0.0.4.376_3754. IPv6 works immediately. Now let's see how it compares to 76% unavailability.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online