What's new

ASUS RT-AC87U keeps crashing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

francois5

New Around Here
After upgrading my desktop and NAS, it seems my router randomly crashes. For some reason it happens a lot when doing SSH and trying to display a big output like given the command dmesg. This never happened before and I'm unable to find the cause of these weird issue. It seems something is causing an overflow and it makes my network incredible slow/unresponsive. The only fix is to restart the router, but after opening another SSH connection, the problem starts over again.

So far I tried resetting the router (+ nvram) and disable any Linux (both running on my desktop and NAS) optimizations on the network stack. It's really strange, because I've never experience this before.

Is my router broken? Are the new Intel wireless/network chips to blame?
My desktop and NAS use the same motherboard, although only my desktop is connected over WLAN:
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450-I-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-10/sp#sp

Thanks and hope a solution may be found. :)

After upgrading my desktop and NAS, it seems my router randomly crashes. For some reason it happens a lot when doing SSH and trying to display a big output like given the command dmesg. This never happened before and I'm unable to find the cause of these weird issue. It seems something is causing an overflow and it makes my network incredible slow/unresponsive. The only fix is to restart the router, but after opening another SSH connection, the problem starts over again.

So far I tried resetting the router (+ nvram) and disable any Linux (both running on my desktop and NAS) optimizations on the network stack. It's really strange, because I've never experience this before.

Is my router broken? Are the new Intel wireless/network chips to blame?
My desktop and NAS use the same motherboard, although only my desktop is connected over WLAN:
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450-I-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-10/sp#sp

Thanks and hope a solution may be found. :)

Have you tried disconnecting suspect/all hardware from the network to isolate the issue?

OE

Have you tried disconnecting suspect/all hardware from the network to isolate the issue?

OE
It seems to be caused when connecting my Intel NUC over wireless. This causes the network to fail, weird because I didn't had issues before (Windows 10) and this is on a clean Linux install. I'm connecting using iwd and systemd-networkd. When disconnecting the NUC, I do need to restart the router to recover my network. It's like the NUC is causing a DDoS in my own network, at least between the two PC's I'm trying to connect using SSH. My phone keeps working fine over the same WiFi. :S

It seems to be caused when connecting my Intel NUC over wireless. This causes the network to fail, weird because I didn't had issues before (Windows 10) and this is on a clean Linux install. I'm connecting using iwd and systemd-networkd. When disconnecting the NUC, I do need to restart the router to recover my network. It's like the NUC is causing a DDoS in my own network, at least between the two PC's I'm trying to connect using SSH. My phone keeps working fine over the same WiFi. :S

Is the Intel NUC BIOS up-to-date?

OE

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!