What's new

Asus RT-AC87U/R product page and manual

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Richard1864

Regular Contributor
Has anyone been able to find the product page for the Asus RT-AC87U/R? I can't find it on asus.com or their global page anywhere. Searching for it on their website goes nowhere as I just get a Product can't be found message. Can't find the online manual for it either, and there was no CD in the box with the manual either. These are both items that regular and business consumers would like to have, and they aren't anywhere to be found, and are very important customer service items too.

The product page and manual for this router can't be found by Google, Yahoo, Bing, or any other internet search engine either.

Oh, and as of Friday afternoon, no one at Asus US HQ had any information about the above either.

Gary from ASUS said they are waiting for 87U release to post a product page. Right now only the Best Buy AC87R is available.

You are right that User Manual should be available. I will ask Gary to comment.

Gary from ASUS said they are waiting for 87U release to post a product page. Right now only the Best Buy AC87R is available.

You are right that User Manual should be available. I will ask Gary to comment.

Please do get Gary to comment on this. FCC regulations require the manual to be either posted online or provided with the product when released as it contains mandatory FCC license and warnings, and they're not in the product box or online as required.

I will speak to HQ tonight and ensure the manuals are posted at the RT-AC87R support page this week. The manuals, quick start guides and utilities are on the support CD.

I will speak to HQ tonight and ensure the manuals are posted at the RT-AC87R support page this week. The manuals, quick start guides and utilities are on the support CD.

Thanks Gary.

Found the CD's, they were under all the packaging. However, we have Macs in our facility, and the utility apps are all in Windows file format, so we can't use them. Will you have Mac versions compatible versions coming out soon?

Last edited:
Thank you Tim and Gary. The manuals are up both here and on the router support page. Thanks a bunch you two!

Apologies for the necro-thread, but there is no English manual up on the support page. There are 23 others, and there is an English quickstart manual, but no full manual for English / Americas.

Does anyone know where this lives?

Apologies for the necro-thread, but there is no English manual up on the support page. There are 23 others, and there is an English quickstart manual, but no full manual for English / Americas.

Does anyone know where this lives?

It's posted by Tim on post #4 above

And the manual doesn't match the version of the firmware. For example the QOS section doesn't address the Trend Micro QOS options. I don't mind playing Christopher Columbus and doing some discovery but I do like good documentation for reference. Asus needs to do better here.

And the manual doesn't match the version of the firmware. For example the QOS section doesn't address the Trend Micro QOS options. I don't mind playing Christopher Columbus and doing some discovery but I do like good documentation for reference. Asus needs to do better here.

Unfortunately that's a frequent issue with Asus's routers. Their firmware evolves so rapidly, their user manual always ends up being left outdated after a few months. You have to mostly rely on their FAQs for info. That's why they add various FAQ links right inside the router's UI, which will redirect you to their support pages.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!