What's new

ASUS RT-AC88U . 5ghz Auto and only 0 Channel

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Col

New Around Here
Hello
I have tried various firmware versions and even the restoration tool to try to get my Asus Rt-ac88u to display channels in the 5 ghz section . 2.4 ghz works fine and broadcasts ok . 5 does not and the only current control channel is 0 . Do 2.4 and 5 use the same radio or is the 5 ghz one possibly faulty
It's the revision A2 one .
I don't know what else to try ... if any of you clever guys and girls here have any ideas , please let me know .
Many thanks , Col

Hello
I have tried various firmware versions and even the restoration tool to try to get my Asus Rt-ac88u to display channels in the 5 ghz section . 2.4 ghz works fine and broadcasts ok . 5 does not and the only current control channel is 0 . Do 2.4 and 5 use the same radio or is the 5 ghz one possibly faulty
I don't know what else to try ... if any of you clever guys and girls here have any ideas , please let me know .
Many thanks , Col

One chipset can't manage both bands at same time. With regards to 5 GHZ on your router it is fault in hardware and you need exchange it.

One chipset can't manage both bands at same time. With regards to 5 GHZ on your router it is fault in hardware and you need exchange it.

Thank you
I did notice both the 5ghz and 2.4ghz lights lit up on the router. I guess they do regardless then of any failure . What a shame .

Maybe you should try contacting asus tech support and allow them the opportunity to address your problem.

Have you performed a hard reset? I would even suggest that you try one of Merlins firmware versions and see if it does the same thing. On my 88u flashing to his firmware has overwritten things in my router that were acting up clearing them out.

Have you performed a hard reset? I would even suggest that you try one of Merlins firmware versions and see if it does the same thing. On my 88u flashing to his firmware has overwritten things in my router that were acting up clearing them out.
Thanks
If I can find the correct one , I'll give it a try .

When asus updates the firmware I'm going to use the phone ap to do it circumventing the web gui problem. Otherwise you have to throw the router into rescue mode for the windows rescue utility to work and that requires manually setting your client ip address to access the router. See the manual Section 5.2 on page 94 for details.

Didnt work ..:(
So going back to my fav router ..
RT-AC68U I don' think it can be beaten . Farewell AC88U .
And thanks for all your help

Didnt work ..:(
So going back to my fav router ..
RT-AC68U I don' think it can be beaten . Farewell AC88U .
And thanks for all your help
FOR YOUR RT-AC88U, Could you send feedback with system log, WiFi log by Feedback function?

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 ASUS_Z012DA 發送

Hello
Many thanks , Col

I have an RT-AC88U too and the 2.4GHZ died showing 0 channel just after a year. While looking for solution I have found various sites and users reporting same issues about this model and some other ASUS routers. ASUS routers seem to be really bad at this with low quality hardware. I would not recommend ASUS routers to anyone.

Thank you very much.

By the way is it normal when running the restoration tool for the firmware install to upload , then go .. 1% 2% then finished very quickly .. matter of seconds . ?

this is the same behavior my faulty 86u had. it also had the 0 channeI issue and I got it replaced in the end. I don't know if it was a dead radio or dead nvram or maybe both.