What's new

ASUS RT-AC88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.7743

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It's been 13.5 days now and my core 2 is at 100% but my IPv6 is still rock solid. Looks like I'm going to enable the reboot scheduler for one time a week. I've also noticed that since this has happened that the reboot function in the GUI has stopped working. I can click on it and it will give me a message, which differs depending on which page I'm on when I do it, but it doesn't do anything and the router continues running as if I did nothing.

Last edited:
Mine has worked pretty rock solid for a couple weeks the in 24 hour period i had problems with it dropping my repeater. It hasnt happened since, that was a week ago but only fix is restart the main 88 router. The other router is a 66u as a repeater. Ill have to check the cores on mine next time i have an issue. The repeater lets people connect but has no internet service and the main continues to work fine with internet service. So i wonder is a core gets hung and I lose my repeater.

The other morning it suddenly lost the wan port and also dropped all clients. I had to manually power cycle the router and once it came back up everything was okay. I've enabled the reboot scheduler for each day so I'll have to see if that makes any difference in its behavior. If it continues to act up I will rma it for another unit.

I have updated, a while ago, to the firmware 3.0.0.4.380.7743 and I had a WAN bandwidth limitation.
Instead of 500Mbps, I couldn`t reach more than 300Mbps.
I have downgraded to 3.0.0.4.380.7378 and everything is back to normal.

Just posted this this so that someone can use this info.

Regards,
Cristian.

I have updated, a while ago, to the firmware 3.0.0.4.380.7743 and I had a WAN bandwidth limitation.

Regards,
Cristian.
Asus doesn't read this forum so you might want to use the feedback function in the router to send them a message detailing your experience so they can look into it.

Regards,
Cristian.
The issue seems to occur only on PPPoE connections, as I have already pointed out for my AC68U. You'll either stick with the previous official firmware version or use Merlin's latest build, where he reverted BCM6.37's ctf to pre-7743 version as a fix.

The issue seems to occur only on PPPoE connections, as I have already pointed out for my AC68U. You'll either stick with the previous official firmware version or use Merlin's latest build, where he reverted BCM6.37's ctf to pre-7743 version as a fix.
I`m new to this forum ... silly me ..
Where can I find merlin`s version ?

Thank you.

Asus doesn't read this forum so you might want to use the feedback function in the router to send them a message detailing your experience so they can look into it.

They don't monitor that either. I used that system multiple times for issues and no response.

They don't monitor that either. I used that system multiple times for issues and no response.
Its worked for me each time I've used it but you can email them directly as well.

why reboot the router one time each week? I have almost 50 clients in dhcp working 24/7 and reebot one day a week could be a nightmare for me since probably one of the clients will be offline after reebot.

why reboot the router one time each week?
Because for some people it needs a refresh to keep running right. I have mine set to reboot every morning at 2am so it doesn't bother anyone and if someone is up at that hour they know what's coming.

Hey All,

Just sharing, i did a warranty change of my RT-88U and upgraded to the then 3.0.0.4.380_7627 firmware, and for close to 3 months and all is ok (as in no drops from wireless devices), managed to last 40 days from the last reboot and currently its on 38 days and still ok..sometimes the QoS - WAN/LAN Bandwidth Monitor doesnt seem to work at all (See QOS BWM.PNG) but that's something i can live with. So generally the firmware 7627 is ok in my view

At this point i dont plan on upgrading as all is working as is.

Attachments

• QOS BWM.PNG
    QOS BWM.PNG
    223.6 KB · Views: 362
Hey All,

Just sharing, i did a warranty change of my RT-88U and upgraded to the then 3.0.0.4.380_7627 firmware, and for close to 3 months and all is ok (as in no drops from wireless devices), managed to last 40 days from the last reboot and currently its on 38 days and still ok..sometimes the QoS - WAN/LAN Bandwidth Monitor doesnt seem to work at all (See QOS BWM.PNG) but that's something i can live with. So generally the firmware 7627 is ok in my view

At this point i dont plan on upgrading as all is working as is.

Can you share what model version you have?

So generally the firmware 7627 is ok in my view

That may be so but there have been security updates since that release. So while it may work good for you the router is not secure if your ok with that then all is good.

I noticed for me the 5GHz band drops to no signal 30 feet from the router on this firmware.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!