What's new

ASUS RT-AC88U problems switching

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

radicaldoc

New Around Here
i am running a AC88U With two internet conections one my normal ethernet conection (sat internet) and one from a tethered andoid phone..
can someone explain why i cannot just turn off internet on one and use other in the Asuswrt software (it's the same in Asus software as well) the only way i can get it to kick to the tethered conection it to pull the ethernet wan cable but when i have finished and want to switch back i have to reboot the my sat internet router to get it to reconect again. it is set as ethernet is primary conexion and android phone as secondry. as i use ethernet more. But is same eitherway i try it.. they all work well but the switching between is a nightmare..
any help would be apreciated i bought the AC88U with this in mind..and i wanted the 8 ports..
I am going to try with another router as well that has sim inside router coming tomorrow to see if that will work any better it's a ASUS 4G-AC68U

because of poor firmware which only detects port down, often reported here with no solution.

yep it's the same work well as a 4g LTE router but you cannot switch from one to the other ata ll without big problems and reboot or changing settings is a huge amount of time over 3 min's. bit pathetic surley there must be some way of being able to do it. all i want to do is switch from my eithernet internet to my 4g lte when i need to,,,
does anyone know how to do this easily?????