What's new

Asus rt-ac88u revert to previous firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Lupetto75

New Around Here
currently have the official firmware 3.0.0.4.386.46065 and I would like to revert to an earlier official firmware, what should I do? Should I use the Firmware Restoration software or just upload the firmware file to the administration / firmware update section?

Your current firmware is behind. Use Version 3.0.0.4.386.48260 https://www.asus.com/Networking-IoT-Servers/WiFi-Routers/ASUS-WiFi-Routers/RT-AC88U/HelpDesk_BIOS/

There have been some security and performance issues addressed with the "new" firmware. Not a good idea to go backwards.
Yes I know that the firmware 3.0.0.4.386.48260 is out but I prefer to wait for a new version because I have heard people who have had problems, I just wanted to know how it is possible to load a previous official firmware in case of problems

A lot of additional errror/info msg's in syslog generated by new firmware , and devices in app showing as offline when actually working but I've always experienced that since day one. Not noticed any "issues" which would make go back a version but only been on it 2 days.

Had multiple problems with this firmware for weeks until i switched my router completely off by removing AC power for several seconds. Now it works flawlessly again. Sometimes a simple reboot isn't enough.
EDIT: Problems are always back after some hours.

Last edited:
Yes, a hard reboot is often more helpful than it may first seem to be capable of.