What's new

Asus RT-AC88U wifi calling problems

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AdamS1

New Around Here
I have an Asus RT-AC88U router, and up until recently my wifi calling on my S9+ with Verizon has been working great. Recently the calls have been extremely spotty and not working great on wifi calling, forcing me to turn it off. Any suggestions on how to fix this? I tried rolling back my firmware to an earlier version to see if that fixes anything.

Any tests I can do?

Are you sure your phone is still set up for WiFi calling? Numerous times I've had an update to the phone app turn off WiFi calling. I only notice because my calls are as your describe and I get to wondering how that's possible.

Another thing to check: Verizon strongly prefers to use cellular over WiFi, even with WiFi calling on. You can only set WiFi calling to "enabled, cellular preferred." But there's a way to make WiFi calling preferred if you're comfortable with Android developer tool ADB.

https://www.xda-developers.com/enable-preferred-wifi-calling-option-verizon-pixel-pixel-xl/