What's new

ASUS RT-AC88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

If he reset the router then he would be forced to enter any name and password he chooses.

Yes, but I wasn't sure since I've never used Asuswrt-Merlin.

My real point is that he needs to reset the router since he implied he just switched to Asuswrt-Merlin. Then if he needs login credentials, they will be admin admin.

OE

Then if he needs login credentials, they will be admin admin.

Again doing a factory reset will automatically after inputting his wifi settings will ask to input your user name and password. At that time he can input what ever he chooses. There is no way around that setup.

Again doing a factory reset will automatically after inputting his wifi settings will ask to input your user name and password. At that time he can input what ever he chooses. There is no way around that setup.

Again, I understood you the first time. Not knowing Merlin, and not knowing what the user is doing, there is no harm in stating the default credentials to be admin admin just in case the user manages to bypass the router's Quick Setup routine.

The real question is what happened to the user's login credentials... presumably they got obliterated by installing Merlin.

OE

@OzarkEdge it wasn't the RMerlin installation in itself that made the passwords unusable, it is code on Asus' end where the encryption of the password state changed. :)

See RMerlin's replies on that subject. :)

Last edited:
it wasn't the RMerlin installation in itself that made the passwords unusable, it is code on Asus' end where the encryption of the password stated changed. :)

See RMerlin's replies on that subject. :)

I think I read that somewhere! :) Thanks for the reminder.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!