What's new

asus rt ax56u: merlin 386_3_2 fw. disconnected device still appears as active client on network map

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pattox

Regular Contributor
There is a device which I no longer use and which is not connected, but still appears on the network map on the (active) client list . The ip address.shows as dhcp assigned.

How can this device be deleted. It show as an active client but isn't.

Have you tried rebooting the router?
It seems that I hadn’t because when I rebooted now the problem device disappeared. Thank you.

On reflection, at the time when I discovered the problem, I probably didn’t think a reboot was necessary. I had envisaged a situation where the router lists “active” clients by continually checking in real time the clients actually connected. As clients are added or removed the router continually updates its list. Clearly this didn’t happen in this case so perhaps my understanding is wrong.

Hello, may be you could use the refresh button under the list ??

It seems that one learns something new every day. Until now, I never knew that there was a "refresh" button. Had always used the "view list" one. Never occurred to me that the picture above "clients" was more than just decoration. Now I know it isn't.

I expect that using "refresh" would have done what the reboot achieved.
Thanks

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 110
It seems that one learns something new every day. Until now, I never knew that there was a "refresh" button. Had always used the "view list" one. Never occurred to me that the picture above "clients" was more than just decoration. Now I know it isn't.

I expect that using "refresh" would have done what the reboot achieved.
Thanks
Refresh doesn't work for me. Just to make sure: I just unplugged the RJ45 connector from a device, then walked back to my PC where the router GUI is displayed. Hit refresh. The device is still there. Also, it has the wrong local IP address -- either that, or the device was displaying an incorrect address before I disconnected it.

More generally, my experience is that the LAN map remains stale for a very long time.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!