What's new

Asus RT-AX56U web history not working?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

netwdad

New Around Here
Someone please help. When a device joins the network for the first time, it seems to log about 50 entries (URLs, adds, other IPs etc). But when it reaches around 50, it stops logging?

If I clear the history, exit the router UI, and then come back, it captures the last 50 again, then stops.

And if I try view the activity live and refresh, nothing shows up....

Is this functionality working properly? Any ideas? I'm using the latest firmware (from Dec I think).

Is there a way to save indefinite entries to a USB?

Thanks.

Update: it appears to update after a while, IF you log out and wait ~10min. So it's logging.

But how do you save a few days worth of data vs just the last 50 entries? Can someone please help. Thanks.

But how do you save a few days worth of data vs just the last 50 entries? Can someone please help. Thanks.
That limit is determined by Asus and Trend Micro, it's not user-configurable.

That limit is determined by Asus and Trend Micro, it's not user-configurable.
Ok thanks. Any idea if Asuswrt-Merlin would offer more capability?

If not, how does the LinkSys, NETGEAR or TP Link's UI / web history tracking compare? Would I be better off getting another router? Thanks RMerlin.

Ok thanks. Any idea if Asuswrt-Merlin would offer more capability?
As I said, only Asus or Trend Micro can change this. The Trend Micro code is all closed source.

If not, how does the LinkSys, NETGEAR or TP Link's UI / web history tracking compare?
I don't know, I haven't used any Linksys router in over 10 years, and I never used either of the two others.