What's new

Solved Asus RT-AX58

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

samitro

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I got a pair of RT-AX58U setup up as one AiMesh router and one AiMesh node and have few questions please

1- One of the clients connected via ethernet to a switch and not directly to Asus router does not show up in the clients list, only one device. It is up and has connection and shows up in the DHCP leases but not in the clients list, any idea what could be causing this? Tries rebooting the device, rebooting the router but nothing helps.
2- I have noticed that the web interface of the router got laggy after one day, reboot does not help. Wondering if this happens after AiMesh setup?

May try to reset to hardware defaults as I upgraded to version 3.0.0.4.384_10177 right after first boot but I didn't reset afterwards.

Thanks

Hi,

I got a pair of RT-AX58U setup up as one AiMesh router and one AiMesh node and have few questions please

1- One of the clients connected via ethernet to a switch and not directly to Asus router does not show up in the clients list, only one device. It is up and has connection and shows up in the DHCP leases but not in the clients list, any idea what could be causing this? Tries rebooting the device, rebooting the router but nothing helps.
2- I have noticed that the web interface of the router got laggy after one day, reboot does not help. Wondering if this happens after AiMesh setup?

May try to reset to hardware defaults as I upgraded to version 3.0.0.4.384_10177 right after first boot but I didn't reset afterwards.

Thanks

Client lists are not reliable for various reasons.

A clean install, reset, configure is advisable when troubleshooting odd behavior. Helps to just do it first to begin with.

OE

So here is an update, the reset of the device addressed point 1. For point 2, believe it or not the slowness is when accessing using HTTPS, HTTP is fast. Not sure if this is caused by the self signed certificate/browser or if there is a bug somewhere.

BTW. Just noticed this thread is in the AC router section while it should be in the AC section.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!