What's new

Release Asus RT-AX58U Firmware 3.0.0.4.386.42095 (3-9-2021)

• Thread starter Deleted member 22229
  • Start date
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

D

Deleted member 22229

ASUS RT-AX58U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.42095
- Fixed DoS vulnerability. Thanks for Tsinghua University NISL's contribution.
- Improved system stability.
- Fixed GUI bugs.
- Security Fixed: CVE-2020-25681, CVE-2020-25682, CVE-2020-25683, CVE-2020-25687, CVE-2020-25684, CVE-2020-25685, CVE-2020-25686

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, all!

First time poster, long time fan. Thanks for all you do here!

I have an ASUS RT-AX58U, and am running the stock firmware, and ever since upgrading to 3.0.0.4.386.42095, I've had periodic (I'd say 3-5 times per day) crashing, where it seems as though the router completely crashes and reboots itself.

The crashing seems conspicuously related to the firmware upgrade. What might I try in the way of troubleshooting? Should I try downgrading (if that's even possible) to an older firmware? Should I flash a custom variant?

I'm curious why you don't seem to have this crashing problem, @scajjr2 . Maybe it's something specific to my configuration. Should I factory-reset and see if it still happens?

Hello, all!

First time poster, long time fan. Thanks for all you do here!

I have an ASUS RT-AX58U, and am running the stock firmware, and ever since upgrading to 3.0.0.4.386.42095, I've had periodic (I'd say 3-5 times per day) crashing, where it seems as though the router completely crashes and reboots itself.

The crashing seems conspicuously related to the firmware upgrade. What might I try in the way of troubleshooting? Should I try downgrading (if that's even possible) to an older firmware? Should I flash a custom variant?

I'm curious why you don't seem to have this crashing problem, @scajjr2 . Maybe it's something specific to my configuration. Should I factory-reset and see if it still happens?
A hard factory reset may be in order. See: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1039074/

Do you use any USB devices? If so and the USB drive is large it may be possible that accessing files via the router Samba share could run up the RAM usage. Should not crash the router, however.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!