What's new

Asus RT-AX58U Forced Login Screen With Second Router Attached

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AnnieBody

Regular Contributor
I have installed the Asus RT-AX58U to replace my Vodafone THG3000 and changed the IP address to 192.168.1.1 to be compatible with my existing equipment.
Because of delays in providing Asus WiFi 6 extenders to the UK I decided to setup my Vodafone router as a wired WiFi extender in the meantime.
When I connect the Vodafone router directly to my PC as the only device and enter the IP address 192.168.1.1 I always get the Assus login webpage not the Vodafone login webpage.
I have tried purging the DNS cache with nothing connected and deleted the bookmark but I cannot access the Vodafone login webpage anymore.
How do I get the Vodafone webpage to display with only this router connected using the login 192.168.1.1 so I can change the IP address to 192.168.1.2 to have both routers on the same network?

Disconnect the Vodafone cable to the ASUS. Then login from your PC which is wired to the Vodafone. You then can change its's IP and set it up as an AP. Then reconnect it to the ASUS. I suggest using the WAN port.
If your PC also has wifi, disable that while doing the above change.

Thanks for the response but, you have missed a point!
" When I connect the Vodafone router directly to my PC" means I have already disconnected the Asus and ONLY have the Vodafone connected to my PC.
I do not have WiFi on my PC.
So, with ONLY the Vodafone conncted to the ethernet port on the PC I don't understand why entering 192.168.1.1 opens the Asus router login webpage and not the Vodafone router login webpage.

Thanks for the response but, you have missed a point!
" When I connect the Vodafone router directly to my PC" means I have already disconnected the Asus and ONLY have the Vodafone connected to my PC.
I do not have WiFi on my PC.
So, with ONLY the Vodafone conncted to the ethernet port on the PC I don't understand why entering 192.168.1.1 opens the Asus router login webpage and not the Vodafone router login webpage.

Maybe you need to refresh/reload the webpage in your browser?

OE

After rebooting my PC, which should purge any existing settings I get the same when using Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge.
The Asus appears to have taken over! What do I need to do to stop it?

Ready for howls of derision?
I was using the wrong cable!!!!!
Labelled now to prevent a repeat.
Thanks for the feedback and apologies for wasting your time.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!