What's new

Asus RT-AX58U Merlin & Tmobile Home Internet

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I
Well aware. Also, if OP is using waveform....

I had the Nokia unit until December it was on the Waveform.
Put it back together sent it in and they never said anything.
TMobile has been very good with customer service.
They did have a sticker on the KVD21 but i removed it and kept it to place it back on.

They did have a sticker on the KVD21 but i removed it and kept it to place it back on.
Easy enough to peel back to get that single screw out of the bottom. Putting these back together is easy enough to do to pass the smell test when sending them back to be refurbed for the next person. $300 in the scheme of things isn't a huge deal if you hold onto the service long enough compared to the savings you get back from not paying the higher cable fees.

I'm sure if you wanted to get dirty about it there's ways to not get charged for it. Make a plea that your pet knocked it over and it just exploded when it hit the floor. It's usually not much of an issue if they can piece things back together when they get it back. Work out a deal for a pro rated fee. Like anything else there's costs reductions as time passes with these and handsets.

I'm just waiting to see if there's some new CPE that bumps the options you can play with and/or mod for more performance. Being a couple of years into the service there's bound to be some stuff in the pipeline on the equipment side.

I'm coming up no a year with TMHI and it's quirky but, $50/mo is a good selling point for the service.

I get both services for $25 so its $50 for both.
Thanks for the link I like reading up on all this.
I am going to keep testing and tweaking.

Easy enough to peel back to get that single screw out of the bottom. Putting these back together is easy enough to do to pass the smell test when sending them back to be refurbed for the next person. $300 in the scheme of things isn't a huge deal if you hold onto the service long enough compared to the savings you get back from not paying the higher cable fees.

I'm sure if you wanted to get dirty about it there's ways to not get charged for it. Make a plea that your pet knocked it over and it just exploded when it hit the floor. It's usually not much of an issue if they can piece things back together when they get it back. Work out a deal for a pro rated fee. Like anything else there's costs reductions as time passes with these and handsets.

I'm just waiting to see if there's some new CPE that bumps the options you can play with and/or mod for more performance. Being a couple of years into the service there's bound to be some stuff in the pipeline on the equipment side.
I know a lot of people with these and have done a few antenna.
As long as you don't destroy it they should take it back no issue.
Yes new CPE stuff is going to show up soon.

Multiple Tests Verizon A - T mobile F
Screenshot from 2023-02-03 11-34-29.pngScreenshot from 2023-02-03 11-39-45.png

Update Jan 2023:
So we switched our phones to TMobile and I got the $25 Home internet deal.
I got the Arcadyan KVD21 and its been running great for about a month.
So far the KVD21 has much higher upload and runs super cool.
The Nokia was running very hot in the same spot.
Have you used the Hint Control App with your T-Mobile box by chance?

I use it on my phone and laptop for resetting the box when it slows down. App works great unless the box is unresponsive to the API call then you just have to go manual with unplug/replug to reboot it.

Yes The Linux and Android versions for me have been great.

Side by side testing now going on:
Verizon 5G Home (Not Home Plus) VS TMobile 5G
So far after about a day I can say:
TMobile has way faster upload its like Verizon 20-25 VS TMobile 80-100
Verizon Box is in IP Pass-through mode to router both are using a ASUS RT-AX58U same firmware
TMobile is standard with IPV6 Pass-through on in router.
Verizon is much more snappy and ping is way lower.
Also note the TMobile is decked out with external Waveform 4X4 antenna
View attachment 47643View attachment 47644View attachment 47645View attachment 47646
I just got a Ax88u pro I have T Mobile also. Is there anything that I may need to change if I do the IPV6 settings? Have Merlin's latest on it also. Thanks Mike

I just got a Ax88u pro I have T Mobile also. Is there anything that I may need to change if I do the IPV6 settings? Have Merlin's latest on it also. Thanks Mike
Set IPV6 to Passthrough !

I have done that and it also turned on QOS for some reason I was able to get QOS turned off.
Thats odd I never had that happen mine are AX58U tho.
I run unbound on both mine are you going to or use different dns ?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!