What's new

Asus RT-AX82U and Broadlink peripherals

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fonzy

New Around Here
Hi all,
i just buy and install a RT-AX82U behind my ISP BOX.
I choose same SSID and wpa key as my box, desactivate wifi and dhcp on the box and all my peripherals reconnect to the ASUS flawlessly.
But i have a problem with all my broadlink IOT (smart plugs and smart IR transcriever)
I see them connected to wifi in the router interface (in 2.4Ghz), the leds on them say they are connected but i have no traffic at all with the rest of the lan.
i can't ping them nor communicate with any application.
i tried to change some wifi parameters without success, but as i can see them connected i don't know if it can be a wifi problem...
I can't ping them from the router with diagnostic tools.
Does anyone have any idéa?
Thanks for your time.
(excuse my poor english)

Welcome to the forums @fonzy.

Is your ISP box an AC class unit? If so, using the same SSIDs can potentially cause issues as you see.

To test for that, create a new Guest Network with unique, never before used (by any of your client devices) SSIDs and reboot the entire network (including the network infrastructure, and client devices), and test if the issues continue or not.

The peripherals are 2.4Ghz only, and the wifi of my ISP's Box is disabled, do you think i need to reconnect with new ssid all my network? i have a lot of smart devices.....

Use the Guest Network method to quickly test and connect the troubled devices and go from there. Depending on the results you see.

i tried that but afer reseting a device it never can connect to the new guest network
i reactivate the wifi of my isp's box with a new ssid and it connect to it.
does someone have any good or bad experiences with broadlink products and asus router?

New try, i put an access point inside the Lan with good ssid and password, shut down asus wifi an all my brodlink devices comme up instantly.
I can't understand how the router can see devices connected to him by wifi but can't communicate. with them...

investigating on the broadlink communication protocol it is possible it would be a problem of udp broadcast blocked on wifi maybe like this post :
does this make sense to someone?
Thanks for your time

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!