What's new

Asus RT-AX86S $179.99 B&H Photo

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bbunge

Part of the Furniture

I got my RTAX86S from Amazon just before New Year's for that price but they included $150 gift card. Given that I have never trusted my AC86 after having to go through four units to get a working one thought it was time to move on.. With the temperature the AC86 runs at I didn't see it having a long future so time for a replacement router. The AX86S out performs the AC86 in part because the port aggregation seems to be working well, If you don't need extra processing power of the AX86X this may be the router for you. Handles OpenVPN clients at 200 Mbps and WiFi seems good though I rely mostly on Ethernet where I need reliable high bandwidth connections. I do have Roku sticks on two TVs and no issues with 4K streams. No problem with IoT devices dropping off line. Uptime currently at 20 days without a reboot.