What's new

Asus RT-AX86S Wireguard and VPN Fusion issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

D76

New Around Here
I’be got firmware 9.0.0.4.388_20477 installed on my router and having a couple of problems.

When I try to connect to Wireguard (after downloading the relevant config files from my VPN provider) it shows that I’m connected but no webpages etc will load. Probably user error on my part. I’ve tried Wireguard configs from both Surfshark and VPNUnlimited.

My other issue is with VPN fusion. After setting up a VPN profile I can assign specific devices to that profile, rather than all devices. This is fine and it works. When I try and do that on another VPN, the devices that were assigned to the first VPN are greyed out and not selectable. Those devices are also showing up in IP binding. Never had this issue on my other Asus routers, so not sure if it’s me or a firmware issue.

Any help much appreciated

I’be got firmware 9.0.0.4.388_20477 installed on my router and having a couple of problems.

When I try to connect to Wireguard (after downloading the relevant config files from my VPN provider) it shows that I’m connected but no webpages etc will load. Probably user error on my part. I’ve tried Wireguard configs from both Surfshark and VPNUnlimited.

My other issue is with VPN fusion. After setting up a VPN profile I can assign specific devices to that profile, rather than all devices. This is fine and it works. When I try and do that on another VPN, the devices that were assigned to the first VPN are greyed out and not selectable. Those devices are also showing up in IP binding. Never had this issue on my other Asus routers, so not sure if it’s me or a firmware issue.

Any help much appreciated
Many of the VPN providers have their configuration files for Wireguard configured for specific devices, so they say. I feel this is a bunch of bunk. However, I was able to get Proton VPN to work.
As for your client question, this seems to be the way Asus has it set up. Will it change in the future? Maybe as Asus seems to be making changes to Wireguard in the AX88U firmware.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!