What's new

Asus RT-AX86U Hotspot issue and lack of 5Ghz support

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MaverickWar

New Around Here
I read online that this device is supposed to be more than capable of receiving full 5G signal and is capable of delivering full signal.

I have connect to my router and setup as a repeated, scanned it to find my phone and there was no phone listed… it only seemed to work when I enabled a setting in my iPhone to maximise capability which Apple said it includes for devices that can’t connect with 5Ghz…

the issue with that setting is that it says it reduced performance and speeds and Im struggling to get much consistency…

Annoyingly there doesn’t seem to be a way to USB wire my phone to router as it appear to only support Android and USB modem with no obvious support for an iPhone.

Surely I’m missing something obvious here that will help me resolve this, I really hope I am…

I am trying to get a constant 20mb upload speed from a 5G signal from computer, through my router, connected to my phone which goes out the net but also it goes through company VPN at same time and the issue is, by the time it goes through all that…

I could have 80-200mb dl and 20-40mb upload but I always seem to end up up 20-30 dl and 3-5 upload…

many tips at all? No wireless options in work machine and can’t connect devices directly to it

I read online that this device is supposed to be more than capable of receiving full 5G signal and is capable of delivering full signal.

I have connect to my router and setup as a repeated, scanned it to find my phone and there was no phone listed… it only seemed to work when I enabled a setting in my iPhone to maximise capability which Apple said it includes for devices that can’t connect with 5Ghz…

the issue with that setting is that it says it reduced performance and speeds and Im struggling to get much consistency…

Annoyingly there doesn’t seem to be a way to USB wire my phone to router as it appear to only support Android and USB modem with no obvious support for an iPhone.

Surely I’m missing something obvious here that will help me resolve this, I really hope I am…

I am trying to get a constant 20mb upload speed from a 5G signal from computer, through my router, connected to my phone which goes out the net but also it goes through company VPN at same time and the issue is, by the time it goes through all that…

I could have 80-200mb dl and 20-40mb upload but I always seem to end up up 20-30 dl and 3-5 upload…

many tips at all? No wireless options in work machine and can’t connect devices directly to it
That really is 5 GHz and refers to the second WIFI band of the router. 2.4 GHz being the first. This router does not do 5G cellular.

The AX86U will not tether to an iPhone as far as I know. Best to get a FIOS or cable service or buy a 5G modem or pack or whatever they are called.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!