What's new

Asus RT-AX86U node keeps disconnecting connected devices

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Have reset both routers, downgraded to 386_49599, set both to ai mesh and restored settings I had while system was stable. Everything works fine so far, no drops on the node. Thanks for assistance.

Hey. Should I keep using 386_49599 firmware of is there a newer stable firmware version that’s recommended? Thanks.

388-24231 is the current firmware for the AX86U. I am running that on a node with no issues. An upgrade would be wise from the security fix standpoint.
Edit: and as you are upgrading from very old firmware, a factory reset with initialize and manual configuration is strongly recommended.

Last edited:
Because I tested them all from 386_46061 to 388_22068. The last one on 386 base is 386_49599 and it works well. I understand your frustration because this unit always has something broken on every firmware. See what I replied to another person here:

Could you advise if any newer firmware updates are worth updating?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!