What's new

Asus RT AX86U red light

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

So an ASUS warranty is transferable?
I had no problem at all..from what I can tell, its all about the warranty status rather than ownership. The used router I bought had over a year left on the warranty. The first replacement they sent had issues, so when it was sent back they shipped a brand new one with a 2022 mfg date and its been terrific!

I had no problem at all..from what I can tell, its all about the warranty status rather than ownership. The used router I bought had over a year left on the warranty. The first replacement they sent had issues, so when it was sent back they shipped a brand new one with a 2022 mfg date and its been terrific!
Was the 1st replacement a refurbished unit? You know companies like Dell will send out anything and call it refurbished but the practicality of repairing something is laugable. So companies tend to ship junk round and round until one gives up and accepts something. I'm just trying to learn if ASUS is like that too.

Was the 1st replacement a refurbished unit? You know companies like Dell will send out anything and call it refurbished but the practicality of repairing something is laugable. So companies tend to ship junk round and round until one gives up and accepts something. I'm just trying to learn if ASUS is like that too.
Yes it was and it had problems which is why I requested another return shipping label. But the fact that it was replaced with a brand new unit shows Asus cares about their service. This is the fourth Asus router I've owned and I've yet to be disappointed. The AX68U is fast, gets great range and runs cooler than all previous routers. The only thing that's different is the firmware hasn't been updated since the end of November though its stable and problem free. As the saying goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it :)

Clone the MAC address from the router that works.

I had this issue when I purchased a previously owned RT-AX68U manufactured in Dec 2021 on Ebay. Since it was still under warranty, I did a troubleshooting session with support who provided a shipping label to send it in for repair. After a couple of days, they ended up shipping me a new unit to replace it, and its been rock solid ever since..From what I know, the WAN port failed
I'm looking forward to flashing the latest merlin image released in the past few days, but considering I may need ASUS support I figure I can wait, depending upon the factory image, until such time as everything I working... Actually, just being a client and accepting its IP/routing configs through the ISPs Modem (CPE).

I find it really odd that something as simple as plugging in an ethernet cable between CPE from an ISP (the modem) and this brand new RT-AX88U Pro (replacing an old LinkSys WRT3200) results in the WAN light solid RED and never picking up it's configuration info from the upstream cable modem owned by the ISP.

Here's the thread I just started, I'll just post the link here and it's basically what I just asked above - except it includes everything I've tried and I guess the likely eventuality of calling the ISP to... I dunno.... Getting their PERMISSION to run a different MAC address (presumably a different router to them).

I'm new here, so I"m not sure if I'm gonna get pegged for posting an URL or whatnot, but I seriously expected this to work out of the box, as it was easy to connect to, but so far no joy in connecting it to anything (other than using one of the LAN ports as a client to the LinkSys - which works just fine, but definitely NOT what I desire.

Anyway, a few folks have expressed the router exhibiting this behavior, so it's likely a thing, to some degree :)

#tallship

⛵

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!