What's new

Asus RT-AX88U Firmware 3.0.0.4.384_7968

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yeah, I went back to a previous build as well. My plan is to test doing a complete wipe and setting up the newest build from scratch, but need to find the time to do it first.

Haven't seen a single post on this forum or elsewhere of someone who had trouble with this latest 7968 firmware build who was somehow able to fix and/or pinpoint why it slows down or drops out. All who have had trouble have resorted to a fallback build, generally 6436.

I have two ax88u routers running 7968 with no problems and good data rates.

I have:
Fios gig service
two ax88u hardwired together
no AiMesh

15 days no problems

I have two ax88u routers running 7968 with no problems and good data rates.

I have:
Fios gig service
two ax88u hardwired together
no AiMesh

15 days no problems

do you know if openvpn works for you to vpn back INTO your home? I knew there was a problem with an earlier build.

Woke up today with the internet LED showing red. I have had enough with my RT-AX88U. I replaced it with my older RT-AC3200 running freshtomato 2019.4
It just works. Wake up, ASUS

Woke up today with the internet LED showing red. I have had enough with my RT-AX88U. I replaced it with my older RT-AC3200 running freshtomato 2019.4
It just works. Wake up, ASUS
Freshtomato 2019.4?:rolleyes:
I looked everywhere can't find it :rolleyes:

How is that asus rt86u is not supported sad life i hope it would make my router to "just work" too.

Try doing your own research at: linksysinfo (dot) org. You may have an older router kicking around that is supported.

How is that asus rt86u is not supported sad life i hope it would make my router to "just work" too.

Because the RT-AC86U is a completely different architecture, not supported by Tomato. It's not just another router model to support, it requires major changes, including a different kernel version, and a completely different wireless SDK.

yes it works well, I use it regularly.

Hope this helps but 7968 didn't allow the whole house vpn to work anymore so I dropped back to 7756.

To help explain my setup: I have 2 different scenarios that I use VPN for. In scenario one, I use Nord to set the whole house into the Nord VPN system so none of my NBA League pass is blocked. I only activate this vpn when I am watching basketball and turn it off otherwise. The second scenario is that when I'm away from the home and I need to tunnel back into my home, for this I have OpenVPN set up and I tunnel back in to access something. When I asked about it earlier, I was asking about the second scenario. And yes with 7968, the second scenario worked but I just determined that the first scenario didn't.

fwiw, I have no problems with 7756 at all. Everything is fast and stable as far as I can tell. I was just updating to see if I could get anything better. And btw, I haven't tried any Asus Mesh with my RT-AX88U. I did try it with a GT-AC5300 that I had and once I got it to mesh mode, I couldn't (& neither could Asus) get it back to non-mesh status. That 5300 was complete junk.

Hey,
If you have problems with this firmware and are using AX client.. e.g. the ASUS PCE-AX58BT... please fetch the latest drivers from Intel directly for the Intel AX200 chip... Asus on its page is quite a few releases behind the version available on Intel's page

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/189347/Intel-Wi-Fi-6-AX200
and the latest changelog: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/29258/eng/ReleaseNotes_WiFi_21.60.2.pdf

Asus still offers the old 20.40.2.2 - not available on Intel's page anymore...
https://www.asus.com/Networking/PCE-AX58BT/HelpDesk_Download/

I'm running the latest version, 3.0.0.4.384_7968 and I'm getting intermittent drops for all devices connected to the onboard ethernet ports. Wireless is fine. It basically making streaming from my NAS impossible. Has anyone else experienced this?

Drop it back to 6436 and it will likely not exhibit those issues.

Although @L&LD thinks this is really not a problem and that everyone else is running just fine.

Drop it back to 6436 and it will likely not exhibit those issues.

Although @L&LD thinks this is really not a problem and that everyone else is running just fine.

Thanks, I'll do that now

They could really do with releasing a stable version as I've had a fair few problems recently, these routers aren't cheap so I may have to look elsewhere if they don't fix it

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!