What's new

Asus RT-AX88U Firmware 3.0.0.4.384_7968

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

That statement is true! :D

Taking it out of context just makes me look bad. Try linking to the rest of that conversation. ;)

Guys switch to merlin .15 beta 1, all my wifi problems have been fixed. Just make sure that you use separate SSIDs for 2.4 and 5 Ghz networks. Running flawlessly since a week now with zero reboots required. The only negative of Merlin firmware is slow booting speed compared to the stock Asus firmware.

PS 384.15 final has been released by RMerlin.

Last edited:
Guys switch to merlin .15 beta 1, all my wifi problems have been fixed. Just make sure that you use separate SSIDs for 2.4 and 5 Ghz networks. Running flawlessly since a week now with zero reboots required. The only negative of Merlin firmware is slow booting speed compared to the stock Asus firmware.

Narrowing this down further, it looks like nearly everyone who has had trouble with this stock firmware release and router is running AX clients, no Merlin.

I will load Merlin on my device this week and report back.

Narrowing this down further, it looks like nearly everyone who has had trouble with this stock firmware release and router is running AX clients, no Merlin.

I will load Merlin on my device this week and report back.
Make sure you install the final version of 384.15 as it was released just yesterday.

Make sure you install the final version of 384.15 as it was released just yesterday.

Loaded and used the past 24 hours - it works great. Love having the TLS and DNSSEC support too.

AX clients have been solid, no slow down at all. No WAN disconnects.

My setup is now RT-AX88U (router) with another RT-AX88U (AP node, non-AIMesh) with Merlin 384.15 beta 1.

Final configuration is AX enabled, using fixed channels (used a Wifi analyzer to set open channel, different for each AP node), disabled 160MHz. Separate 5GHz and 2.4GHz network SSIDs (no band steering).

Most stable I've had it since Asus OEM 6436 firmware.

Running 2 of these routers(1 in Reperater) with Merlin 384.15
Separate bands also- NO issues
2-AX clients....

Attachments

• AX88U.png
    AX88U.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 271
Hello, I had issues with OpenVPN with 7968 and 7756. Had to go back to 6436. Waiting for an unbugged update in 2020!

There's a new 7977 firmware. Has anyone tried and can confirm it works without WAN dropouts, especially for those who had those with 7969?

There's a new 7977 firmware. Has anyone tried and can confirm it works without WAN dropouts, especially for those who had those with 7969?
Hello, I upgraded the firmware to the last 7977. My issue was with OpenVPN not working. My problem has been fixed with this upgrade and everything seems OK for me.

I installed the new 7977 firmware, but did not work on the WiFi iPhone 13.3.1. Most stable I've had it since Asus OEM 6436 firmware.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!