What's new

ASUS RT-AX88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384_9107

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have found since upgrading to this version, that once or twice a day it just disconnects all 2.4 clients, and they won't reconnect until I either restart the router. Has anyone else seen this?
No such issues since 7 days of running this firmware without reboot. My setup is even more complicated with 2nd RT-AX88U in Mesh mode. None of my 2.4 Ghz devices have disconnected even once requiring reboot.

Got answer from Asus support, they claimed it is a faulty unit. Sending it back. Bad 2,4 signal ax88u
Interestingly I'm seeing similar with my new RT-AX88U. I've configured it with my RT-AC68U as an AiMesh node. The attached shows that my RT-AC68U (further away) has a stronger 2.4Ghz signal, but my RT-AX88U has stronger 5Ghz. It varies between 10dBm and 15dBm.
upload_2020-5-22_20-4-11.png

EDIT: I've raised a support request via the Asus website to see what they have to say. I guess there's a chance it's firmware related, but could also be a manufacturing issue.

Last edited:
Got answer from Asus support, they claimed it is a faulty unit. Sending it back. Bad 2,4 signal ax88u

I have RT-AX88U and a few days ago I updated the router to
3.0.0.4.384.9107, this firmware version is buggy, my router kept shutting down on and on. I have it mesh with a RC-5300 and I am behind a BGW210, at&t gateway. I factory restored it and updated again with the latest version. This time the WiFi didn’t seem to work.

Finally, I went back to previous version 3.0.0.4.384.8018, which was and is working fine.

I decided to check Merlin’s firmware. When I purchased the router, he wasn’t supporting it.

I am not sure if Merlins version supports mesh.
Thank you
Mario

I have RT-AX88U and a few days ago I updated the router to
3.0.0.4.384.9107, this firmware version is buggy, my router kept shutting down on and on. I have it mesh with a RC-5300 and I am behind a BGW210, at&t gateway. I factory restored it and updated again with the latest version. This time the WiFi didn’t seem to work.

Finally, I went back to previous version 3.0.0.4.384.8018, which was and is working fine.

I decided to check Merlin’s firmware. When I purchased the router, he wasn’t supporting it.

I am not sure if Merlins version supports mesh.
Thank you
Mario

Asuswrt-Merlin supports AiMesh.

Be sure to perform a factory default reset after upgrading the firmware and then configure from scratch.

OE

did some tests after someone mentioned not having great speed for 2.4Ghz.
here are some interesting observations when connecting to 2.4Ghz.

AC devices:
somehow my pixel 3 isn't happy with 2.4ghz. regardless of what mode it is connecting to (N only/ with wifi 6 disabled), it seems to be not able to use 40mhz bandwidth and stuck in 20mhz.
though the same pixel 3 doesn't have an issue connecting to 40 or 80 bandwidth when using 5Ghz.
same behavior on my old zenfone 2.

AX devices:
and for my intel ax200 card, it also doesn't seem to like the ac mode in 2.4Ghz either. with wifi6 disabled, it will only connect as N.
However, it can use 40Mhz in both ax and n.

N devices:
the native N device that can use 40mhz seems to be able to use 40mhz.

not sure if this is the reason why some people experiencing poor speed when using 2.4ghz.

consider my ax88 is a refurb, could be a hardware issue. Nevertheless I submit feedback via the router.

Since I don't normally connect my AC device to 2.4Ghz and so far I don't have an issue with 9107, I am just gonna keep the router as is for now.
but it will be interesting to see if anyone else also experience the same behavior w/ their ac devices.
if not, maybe I need to swap my ax88 >.<

I have had it running for about a week with no issues, seems stable. Still can't use my Lyra Mini in Aimesh though but that's been a problem for the last 3 firmware versions.

Hi
Question:
I have the AX88U as the main node and the AC5300 as my other mesh, I updated the AX88U with Merlin’s firmware. I am seeing an icon and message to update the AC5300 to the latest Asus firmware.
How do I update the AC5300 to Merlin’s firmware.
Do I have to disconnect the mesh and updated as it was a stand alone router?
Thank you
Mario

Hi
Question:
I have the AX88U as the main node and the AC5300 as my other mesh, I updated the AX88U with Merlin’s firmware. I am seeing an icon and message to update the AC5300 to the latest Asus firmware.
How do I update the AC5300 to Merlin’s firmware.
Do I have to disconnect the mesh and updated as it was a stand alone router?
Thank you
Mario

I would ask in the Merlin sub forum to be sure you get current advice.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!