What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.46065 (12th Jan 2022)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thanks.
lucky i made a backup of the settings 2 days ago, restored it and the selection is off again.

it turned out my HP B110a printer(which should be able to use 802.11 b/g/n) does not work anymore when the b is disabled

really weird.
i am starting to think this printer is the cullprit of my wifi problems
at times everything works like it should but once in a while it looks like all my wifi devices hang.
if this is happening i am not able to connect to a lot of wifi devices(esp, camera's)

thanks.
lucky i made a backup of the settings 2 days ago, restored it and the selection is off again.

it turned out my HP B110a printer(which should be able to use 802.11 b/g/n) does not work anymore when the b is disabled

really weird.
i am starting to think this printer is the cullprit of my wifi problems
at times everything works like it should but once in a while it looks like all my wifi devices hang.
if this is happening i am not able to connect to a lot of wifi devices(esp, camera's)

Looks like it requires you to still use WPA security. (My minimum printer standard these days is not HP, not ink, and not wireless.) :)

OE

yes it uses WPA(what else can i use)
the firmware is buggy
i am pretty sure it uses WPA-AES but when i hard select this option in the printer(instead of aes/tkip) you also loose connection and there is no way back easy because you loose the connection

Last edited:
yes it uses WPA(what else can i use)
the firmware is buggy
i am pretty sure it uses WPA-AES but when i hard select this option in the printer(instead of aes/tkip) you also loose connection and there is no way back easy because you loose the connection

Given its USB or old wireless connectivity, I would either make it a shared USB printer on a networked PC... or retire it.

Maybe you could make it work on the router USB or a network print server box, but I would not bother and/or throw more money at it.

I would not let it keep your wireless network on WPA, if I could avoid it.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!