What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_23748

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

This release also stops the running of script_usbmount script from running at startup. The workaround shared previous on the 58U thread (https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...e-version-3-0-0-4-388-23403-2023-05-31.85267/) doesn't seem to be working for me yet.

EDIT: After installing Download Master, disabling it (but leaving it installed) and then adding in some of the content which was removed (under /lib the status and other), it now runs at reboot.
do you mean this does not work anymore after upgrade
admin@RT-AX88U: #nvram set script_usbmount="chmod 755 /jffs/scripts/*;/jffs/scripts/init-start"
admin@RT-AX88U: # nvram commit
admin@RT-AX88U: # reboot

My unit suddenly stopped working tonight forcing me to reboot to regain functionality. This is not the first time this has happened so I'm getting concerned and should probably search for a replacement before it completely tanks.

My unit suddenly stopped working tonight forcing me to reboot to regain functionality. This is not the first time this has happened so I'm getting concerned and should probably search for a replacement before it completely tanks.
same problem. I setup weekly reboot already. I still need a mid of week reboot almost every week

same problem. I setup weekly reboot already. I still need a mid of week reboot almost every week
I had mine set to reboot twice a week when that happened not to mention that it lasted less than two days and I don't have that many things attached to it. I've been looking at 802.11be offerings but they are slim pickings right now and I really don't want to buy another Wi-Fi 6 unit.

I checked BB today and the BE96U is in stock for $700....OUCH!

This is the price for your 2-years exclusive beta tester membership. The router come free with it.

More lockups have led me to set the reboot schedule to nightly.

Edit: A new firmware was released yesterday but my router did not show it, however, there's a thread on it in the forum. I have updated to it in hopes that it corrects the issues I was having.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!