What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX88U Pro Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_21514

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Asus has already stopped caring about this Pro junk they have released. All efforts are concentrated on upcoming Wifi7 routers
Can you provide hard evidence in support of your statement or is it just your inference?

Yep vacation time, we will all be back in september.. ,😉
In the absence of any evidence to the contrary, it seems like the statement in post #22 is just speculation.

and here we are in October, and still no update to fix the multitude of problems in this firmware :T

In the absence of any evidence to the contrary, it seems like the statement in post #22 is just speculation.
Wifi 7 models are getting monthly firmware updates while the Wifi 6/6e Pro models haven't received a new firmware since June 2023. Some of the Pro models haven't even received 3.0.0.6.102 firmware.

There is something funky with firmware versions released for ASUS RT-BE96U

1. Date: 2023/08/22 Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_31763
  2. Date: 2023/09/26 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.106_32460
So are they regressing with firmware versions? Feels like something is really wrong at development lol

ASUS RT-AX88U Pro Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_21514

Version 3.0.0.6.102_21514

66.97 MB

2023/06/20

New features for ASUSWRT 5.0
-Kids' Wi-Fi: Create a separate network specifically for children, complete with scheduled controls. This is suitable for children who use multiple network devices that have enabled the randomized MAC address function and are not easily recognized.
-VPN WiFi: Create a VPN network that connects to 3rd party VPN services or with ASUS site to site -VPN(https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1048281/) to encrypts your internet connection and hides your IP address to protect your online activities from being tracked or monitored.
-IoT WiFi : Create an 2.4G spearate network for IoT (Internet of Things) devices.
Guest WiFi: Create a guest network with a WiFi schedule and access rights to control when and how guests can use the network.
-VLAN, allow you to segment a network into smaller, virtual sub-networks, which can be used to isolate traffic, please refer to https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1049415/
-Multi-services WAN, create multiple profiles on a single WAN interface. (https://rog.asus.com/au/support/FAQ/1050072)
-Port isolation and AP isolation to restrict device access to each other.

Bug Fixes and Enhancements
-NowTV profile has been added under new IPTV profiles.
-IPTV settings have been updated for better compatibility with Unifi Biz VoIP service.
-Fixed a GUI bug that occurred when adding port range rules in the Network Service Filter.
-Resolved an issue that caused hostname errors in the DDNS service.

Security Fixes
-Fixed several curl vulnerabilities including CVE-2023-28322, CVE-2023-28321, and CVE-2023-28319.
-Fixed FFmpeg vulnerabilities, specifically CVE-2022-3964, CVE-2022-48434, and CVE-2022-3109.
-Corrected an OpenVPN vulnerability categorized as CWE-134.
-Fixed the Hostap vulnerability CVE-2019-10064.
-Patched a command injection vulnerability to improve overall security.
-Strengthened protection against SSH brute force attacks.

Please unzip the firmware file, and then verify the checksum.
SHA256: 54ffd3850a950a516f5aada33ead264f1cc27771fbf182938bd5ecf985c2c0eb

This is the stock Asuswrt firmware from Asus right not the Merlin firmware?

I'm also a bit confused. Why do people still use the stock Asuswrt firmware from Asus when they know it's not safe, open source, or secure?

5 months since the last version 3.0.0.6.102_21514 was released on 20 June 2023, it does not take much to see that Asus is no longer a priority these devices and focus on WiFi 7, surely they will release some update but do not expect much from now on, evidence .... 5 months without updates.

And the source code currently available does not correspond to version 3.0.0.6.102_21514, but to version 3.0.0.4.388_23110, released on July 4, 2023.

Without the source code of the new firmware version, we will hardly have new versions of merlin with the asus improvements.:(

You're ignoring the fact that RMerlin may already have that GPL drop (or even, a newer one).

Patience is needed here.

Saying that is just a theory, it is not ignoring anything. Asus hasn't released anything officially, as simple as going to the website and checking now.

If the Merlin developer has a more current version of the source code, there is no telling. So it is not ignoring anything either. Officially there is no version of anything for months.

You're contradicting yourself. 🙂

You're ignoring the facts stated.

RMerlin firmware is much more current. Even if it is on 3.0.0.4.xxx level.

You're stating a fact and then reaching a wrong conclusion.

Stay safe.

5 months since the last version 3.0.0.6.102_21514 was released on 20 June 2023, it does not take much to see that Asus is no longer a priority these devices and focus on WiFi 7, surely they will release some update but do not expect much from now on, evidence .... 5 months without updates.

And the source code currently available does not correspond to version 3.0.0.6.102_21514, but to version 3.0.0.4.388_23110, released on July 4, 2023.

Without the source code of the new firmware version, we will hardly have new versions of merlin with the asus improvements.:(
I fully agree. Having taken the plunge and bought 3 of these units (which I am very happy with generally) it does seem that Asus has lost interest in them for some reason. This is very disappointing and I hope that it's just a temporary blip as the current stock 3.0.0.6.102_21514 firmware is unusable for me as my nodes use different WiFi channels to my main router when I try it.

@L&LD I think the point is that whilst RMerlin is doing great work and has released his firmware more recently for this model, it seems that Asus themselves have lost interest. This will eventually cause RMerlin issues as he will need model specific binaries as the source code develops. In addition, this thread is for stock firmware, and many users prefer to run the stock versions especially as RMerlin has not yet decided to support the 3.0.0.6.xxxxxxx branch of the firmware.

RMerlin can do nothing without Asus. That proves my point (and your 'take') that Asus has not lost interest here.

There are no unlimited resources. Good things come to those who wait (until proven otherwise).

RMerlin can do nothing without Asus. That proves my point (and your 'take') that Asus has not lost interest here.

There are no unlimited resources. Good things come to those who wait (until proven otherwise).
I really don't understand your logic to say that Asus support is on the ball with these models. RMerlin doesn't prove anything as he can work with the source code which is largely common across the models, however he is dependant on Asus to release binaries for the closed source component. Therefore he could continue to support models using older binaries.

RMerlin last merged binaries for this model on 25th July based on 3.0.0.4.388.23588, whereas the most recent stock release was 3.0.0.4.388.23110 in June. Since then other routers have had multiple updates - including the RT-AX86U Pro which has received 3 firmware updates later than 388.23110 and is currently on 388.24198.

The also haven't released anything beyond 3.0.0.6.102_21514 in June for the 3.0.0.6.xxx branch, however this is better than the RT-AX86U that doesn't even have a released version available for download on that branch.

You are correct that there won't be unlimited resources, however Asus seem to be directing their resources towards other models at the current time. Irrespective of your assertions about Merlin, the fact remains that there haven't been any stock firmware releases on this model for a relatively long time when compared with some other models.

I never said Asus is on the ball with support for these (and most other) models.

I'm stating it's understandable why.

Nothing you state changes anything. They direct their efforts where it's most needed while trying to get the whole shebang up to 3.0.0.6.xxx level firmware too. At least, that is my take on it.

Not having a specific model getting updates means that the firmware released for it is stable (enough) vs other models that may have needed more immediate attention for one reason or more.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!