What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX88U Pro Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_32843 (2023-11-27)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

You knew my grandfather! 🙂

Seems like when deleting the IOT guest network on this new firmware, the router will restart, and never come on until you physically press the power button and turn it back on again.

I've tried this twice now, created and deleted, both times it would just hang.

Seems like when deleting the IOT guest network on this new firmware, the router will restart, and never come on until you physically press the power button and turn it back on again.

I've tried this twice now, created and deleted, both times it would just hang.
Report this error from the router in feedback, in settings.

Thanks

So cool they added an option for custom background in Guest Portal! This is what I asked them for. <3

It looks like the OpenVPN server was broken. Despite the fact that everything works fine according to the logs, in fact there is no Internet on the client. Clients' logs are also clean. Does anyone have a similar problem?
I had the same issue. OpenVPN would connect but there was no internet for the client. I ended up reverting back to the previous version of firmware and OpenVPN works as intended. Hopefully Asus will notice this and issue a fix.

My 88pro is getting these messages:

Htb: too many events

Any concern? Or is it just saying there's too many messages to log?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231213_121335.jpg
    Screenshot_20231213_121335.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 70
There is something going on. My wireless devices take forever to connect after reboot.
My Wan just dropped as well.
Rolling back to see if issues persist. Also it takes forever for wifi clients to join after a reboot.

Last edited:
Definitely code related. Backed out and no issues at all.
Spent 1.5 hours waiting for a chat with asus to open a ticket. I gave up.
I just wanted to get a ticket number so I could put that in the feedback field. Ridiculous system.

Also it takes forever for wifi clients to join after a reboot.
If you use a DFS channel or 160 MHz channels, then this is normal. The radar scan takes a minute before the channel can be deemed available for usage.

Anyone else having issues with this new Guest Network Pro? I created a defined network "Guest Network", my clients connect but don't have internet access(( Settings are pretty basic - I just entered new SSID, password, turned off Wi-Fi scheduling, chose 2.4GHz band and left the rest as it was.

Last edited:
Anyone else having issues with this new Guest Network Pro? I created a defined network "Guest Network", my clients connect but don't have internet access
I use the "Custom" network choice in the Guest Network Pro settings and have found that you must choose a DNS that is not "Default". The "Default" selection does not seem to work. If your choice of network has a DNS option in the 'Advanced' area, try changing the DNS to one of the selections Asus offers. That fixed my internet access issues.

Yes, I can confirm that the router's DNS doesn't work in guest network, you have to choose an external DNS like Google's 8.8.8.8. Strange that no one else mentions this problem... At least I didn't find anything on this forum or elsewhere.

Reporting back, there is a new version of Firmware, 3.0.0.6.102_33308, it has fixed the DNS issue over the VPN. When I updated, the router updated to the previous version first and then I logged back into the router and did another update to the latest. All seems to be working fine.

really ?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!