What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX88U Pro Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_32843 (2023-11-27)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

xander73

Occasional Visitor
ASUS RT-AX88U Pro Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_32843
Version 3.0.0.6.102_32843
67.76 MB
2023/11/27
New features:
- Added new iptv profile NowTV.

Bug Fixes and Enhancements:
- Resolved Guest Network Pro issues to prioritize devices for various business usages and network alternatives.
- Resolved AiMesh-related issues to provide stable backhaul connection.
- Resolved GUI issues to ensure that the user interface is even more user-friendly.
- fixed build error when removing ALEXA.
- Fixed client traffic monitor card.
- Fixed v6plus related issues.
- Fixed the registration failure after reboot when using account based DDNS.
- Fixed the issue that did not send report operation after acquiring the MAP rules.
- Fixed getting IPv6 address if setting hinet MOD mesh even router disable IPv6.
- Fixed an issue where DHCP discover packets were not being filtered when the hinet MOD mesh IPTV profile was set.
- Fixed offline Aimesh node can't be removed successfully.
- Fixed WiFi 5GHz LED control radio disabled case.
- Fixed DDNS server error occurs when registering DDNS with ASUS Router app.
- Resolved OpenVPN server TAP Mode Issue.
- Corrected a bug encountered when adding a rule to the network services filter.

Security Fixes:
- Fixed several curl vulnerabilities.
- Fixed command Injection Issue after authentication

Please unzip the firmware file, and then verify the checksum.

SHA256: 38e98e364c30e8c81453fe4fe3e3ad2ca29095697892c70e46cfc18c830359b0

Firmware update showing on the global site here: https://www.asus.com/networking-iot...8u-pro/helpdesk_bios/?model2Name=RT-AX88U-Pro.

But not yet on the US site here: https://www.asus.com/us/networking-...8u-pro/helpdesk_bios/?model2Name=RT-AX88U-Pro

I have been waiting for this update....
Will download from the global site and push to my AX88U-PRO this afternoon after I make appropriate backups.

UPDATE...
  1. Made backup of router settings used with Firmware Version:3.0.0.6.102_21514
  2. Downloaded zip file and expanded to RT-AX88U_PRO_3.0.0.6_102_32843-gad71435_295-g45475_nand_squashfs.pkgtb
  3. Use windows 11 CMD command:
    1. [path to expanded FW download] certutil -hashfile RT-AX88U_PRO_3.0.0.6_102_32843-gad71435_295-g45475_nand_squashfs.pkgtb SHA256
    2. SHA256 checksum hash -> confirmed SAME as 38e98e364c30e8c81453fe4fe3e3ad2ca29095697892c70e46cfc18c830359b0
  4. Checked router Administration > Firmware > Firmware Version [Check]
    1. Router found new FW version 3.0.0.6.102_32843-gad71435_295-g45475
    2. Compared FW version file name to downloaded version ...3.0.0.6_102_32843-gad71435_295-g45475... -> SAME
  5. Performed "manual" FW update with downloaded known good checksum pkgtb (no router reset)
    1. Manual FW update -> SUCCESS
    2. Confirmed new FW reported in router as Firmware Version:3.0.0.6.102_32843
    3. Confirmed 17 devices connected successfully
  6. All looks okay after a few minutes of operation with FW 3.0.0.6_102_32843. Will advise if I experience issues.

Last edited:
I would love to know if "- Resolved AiMesh-related issues to provide stable backhaul connection." is a fix also in coming update to for example GT-AX6000. Can this be the fix that actually solves the "Great signal" 5ghz backhaul drops to bad signal 2,4ghz when using wireless AI mesh?

I would like to know if correcting the problems I've been having with the alexa speakers, specifically with echo studio, which randomly disconnects for a few seconds and reconnects, problems with that, because if you are watching a movie it leaves you without audio. 😂😂

It has not happened with any other router or wifi access point that I had, previously Ubiquiti, only with this router.

Updated. We will see in a few days how it goes.

Update2
Not a single break in the connection between the alexa speakers. So far so good. Although I do see higher RAM consumption of about 10% more

Last edited:
"even more user-friendly" lol That's all worth it right there.
My GT-AX6000 is very similar to RT-AX88U Pro hardware-wise. It's GUI gets busted if I try to change few settings rapidly and the router gets highly unstable unless I reboot it. Then PPPoE stops working and will simply refuse to work unless I reset the router fully. I hope this fixes the GUI issues whenever the update drops for my GT-AX6000.

It looks like the OpenVPN server was broken. Despite the fact that everything works fine according to the logs, in fact there is no Internet on the client. Clients' logs are also clean. Does anyone have a similar problem?

With OpenVPN I have not noticed anything unusual in the new version, in Wireguard yes, an improvement in connection speed when using that VPN. But I don't give it much importance, it can be many factors, but before the update it was around 120Mb approx download per wireguard and now it easily goes up to 350Mb, it is appreciated if they have made any changes 😅

Yes, several in addition, and the laptop (MacBook pro).

In the mobile version, the app is version 3.3.4, in case it helps you.

Some test notes and general observations ....

Asus AX88U-PRO
Operation Mode: Wireless router
Firmware Version: 3.0.0.6.102_32843

Router performance is tested with a Netgear GS308E switch connected to router port #1. The switch is configured with DHCP. No VLAN configuration. So, in essence, the switch is acting as a dumb switch.

Router Configuration…
LAN > VLAN > VLAN

Port #1​
Mode: Access​
SDN: VLAN_70​
Profile​
Network Name: VLAN_70​
VLAN ID: 70​
Port Isolation: No​

Guest Network Pro > Customized Network > [VLAN_70]
General​
Network Name: VLAN_70​
WiFi Band: None (ethernet cable only)​
Access Intranet: ON​
Advanced Settings​
Enable the DHCP Server = ON​
LAN IP: XXX.XXX.70.1​
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0​
VLAN ID: 70​
DNS Server = Default

TEST RESULTS…
  1. The above configuration FAILs to allow Internet access for clients connected to VLAN_70. If the router IP is used for the DNS “Custom” field. It still does not work. The DNS Server choice must be an WAN Internet IP. When a choice is made from the “Assign” drop-list. Internet access works.
  2. When the “Access Intranet” switch is ON, clients on VLAN_70 are not able to access clients on the routers primary subnet or the router itself. It does not seem to matter if the Access Internet switch is on or off.
  3. When the Subnet Mask is changed to 255.255.255.240 (13 clients), there is no client access to VLAN_70.
    1. “Cold Reboot” all devices and reconnect devices in order: Router -> Switch -> Client. -> FAIL.
    2. Change USB to RJ45 dongle – FAIL
    3. Change Subnet Mask to 255.255.255.128 (125 clients) and switch restart -> FAIL
    4. Change Subnet Mask back to 255.255.255.0 (253 clients) and switch restart -> SUCCESS. Client reports connection at XXX.XXX.70.100 and client shows on Guest Network Pro client map.
    5. Change Subnet Mask to 255.255.255.128 (125 clients) and NO switch restart -> SUCCESS. Client reports connection at XXX.XXX.70.100 and client shows on Guest Network Pro client map.
      1. Note: primary LAN > DHCP Server IP Pool Starting/Ending Address: 100/254. VLAN DHCP addresses may be influenced by this setting.
The router FW is not capable of DHCP IP assignment by MAC address for VLANs.

I still do not understand why this firmware has been out of beta for the AX88 Pro but not AX86 Pro. Last 3.0.0.6 beta for the AX86 Pro is now 9 months old.

I just installed the new firmware last night for my Asus AX88U-PRO, and it's been causing issues with my kasa smart switches.

Operation Mode: Wireless router
Firmware Version: 3.0.0.6.102_32843

A guest network pro for IOT that uses the same subnet as the main network was originally created for them. The switches are connected to it, however now when my phone is on the main network, it takes 10 secs for the light switches to respond. It will only be immediate if I join the guest network on my phone and then control from my phone.

No settings were touched after the update. Is there anything I settings I should look for, or should I downgrade back to 3.0.0.6.102_21514? Maybe do a factory reset before downgrading?

Is there anything I settings I should look for
Seems as though you are experiencing "Intranet" access issues, same as I reported above. Do you have this feature turned on?

One other thought. I am noticing that the router takes about 10+ minutes to settle down. It may be that the router needs this time to accommodate the "Intranet" access feature found on the Guest Network Pro > Customized Network > VLAN_XX screen.

And, there is always the possibility that updating over a former 3.0.0.6_... FW version is problematic and will require a "Method-2" reset prior to upload.

Seems as though you are experiencing "Intranet" access issues, same as I reported above. Do you have this feature turned on?

One other thought. I am noticing that the router takes about 10+ minutes to settle down. It may be that the router needs this time to accommodate the "Intranet" access feature found on the Guest Network Pro > Customized Network > VLAN_XX screen.

And, there is always the possibility that updating over a former 3.0.0.6_... FW version is problematic and will require a "Method-2" reset prior to upload.
I set up the guest network pro using the preset "IOT network" option. It doesn't have the option to turn on or off the "Intranet" setting.

The only two settings I have in "advanced" are
-Hide SSD
-Set AP isolated

I'm assuming access intranet is default for this preset.

I'm not sure about the router settling down, as I have left it overnight after a restart, and the issue persists.

Do you know where I would be looking for this "Method-2"? Is this referring to using ASUS Firmware Restoration?

I set up the guest network pro using the preset "IOT network" option. It doesn't have the option to turn on or off the "Intranet" setting.
Ahhhh, I have all my VLANs set up with Customized Network. It has an option for "Intranet Access".

The only two settings I have in "advanced" are
-Hide SSD
-Set AP isolated
These only appear as options when a WiFi band is chosen. Both of these options should be OFF.

I'm not sure about the router settling down, as I have left it overnight after a restart, and the issue persists.
It was a long shot. Since you have left the router setup overnight, my guess is moot.

Do you know where I would be looking for this "Method-2"? Is this referring to using ASUS Firmware Restoration?
Method-2 resets is a factory reset method that is more aggressive (hard reset) than the software reset that can be performed within the router GUI.

[Wireless Router] When Standard Reset Isn’t Working: Hard Factory Reset - Models list - https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1039074
[Wireless Router] ASUS router Hard Factory Reset - Method 2 - https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1039078

There are several more experienced in this forum who suggest a Method-2 reset when there are FW related anomalies. It is a way to be (more) sure there is no FW corruption that may have been introduced during a dirty FW upgrade (overwriting an older FW version using the router GUI). A Method-2 reset is considered a last resort diagnostic step when all other rational/logical debugging steps fail.

Last edited:
I think I'm going to just connect the smart switches directly to my main network. It's too much work to try and get the IOT network back working. Maybe when the next firmware comes, I'll give it a go.

Method-2 resets is a factory reset method that is more aggressive (hard reset) than the software reset that can be performed within the router GUI.

"Note: WPS reset and UI initialize are the hard reset that will reset to factory default and also clear all the data log..."

This Reset FAQ suggests that a Hard Reset can be performed using the webUI Restore+Initialize.

OE

I've seen a few cases where doing one or the other isn't enough. For the little time investment to do this, I always do both.

You know, like reset twice and configure once.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!