What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX88U Pro Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_33308

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It is indeed possible that the lease time had expired at the time of the disconnects.
I only mention this as a possibility and theorize that some of your IOT devices may go into a "sleep" or power saving mode. In this case, they may wake up thinking they still have the old DHCP assigned IP. But the router's DHCP lease may have expired during that time.

FWIW, I see this sort of thing on lots of printers.

What often helps (not always) is to make DHCP IP reservations for each IOT device. Then, whether the router DHCP lease time expires or not, the router will always assign the same IP address for a specific IOT device.

You can also change the DHCP lease expiration time. I believe the default setting is 24 hours (in seconds). You can try lengthen that time to see if that makes any difference.

What often helps (not always) is to make DHCP IP reservations for each IOT device.
Thank you for your advice. All my IOT devices have reserved IPs, so there can be no error here.

I played with the leasetime (shortened to 360s) under Merlin and everything works perfectly.

As I mentioned, I'm back on Merlin (3004.388.6_1) and still watching. Maybe I'll test this factory software next weekend. This depends on the goodwill of the family.

Has anyone noticed the unusually high CPU load, 95-100%?
I had to disable Trend Micro protection just to make the internet keep crawling.
And still the ping is about 600 ms instead of usual 3, and the DL speed is jumping 4-60 Mbps instead of usual 950...

I had to disable Trend Micro protection just to make the internet keep crawling.
And still the ping is about 600 ms instead of usual 3, and the DL speed is jumping 4-60 Mbps instead of usual 950...
Check what is loading the processor with the top command via ssh

The quickest way is to restore factory settings and configure everything again.

Thanks a lot for your fast reply, just wanted to make sure it's only with my unit and not some bug in latest OS revision.

I haven't noticed anyone reporting the same problem.

Not here.

Just a buggy firmware update overall. No selection for DNS -over-TLS, guest networks do not function correctly over AI Mesh. I do not use cfg files. I have factory reset using both methods. Zero luck. I have reached out directly to ASUS on this one. Stay tuned.
dns.JPG

Attachments

• dns.JPG
    dns.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 7
You can enter DoT servers manually as a workaround.

DoT presets are downloaded from Asus' servers. Make sure you aren't blocking access to them, and check again if it has reappeared - I believe people reported that Asus' server that hosts these presets and AiMesh icons was down for a few hours recently.

DoT presets are downloaded from Asus' servers. Make sure you aren't blocking access to them, and check again if it has reappeared - I believe people reported that Asus' server that hosts these presets and AiMesh icons was down for a few hours recently.
In this case, there is no dropdown code in this firmware. They have the dot-servers.json file in /www, but they don't load it anywhere. Only the "regular" DNS list is loaded.

In this case, there is no dropdown code in this firmware. They have the dot-servers.json file in /www, but they don't load it anywhere. Only the "regular" DNS list is loaded.
Odd, since the DoT dropdown code is present in the 388 branch (I've seen it in 388_24353).

The drop down is present in 388.6_2, and works as advertised. Flash back to stock. full reset, and no drop down.
Am I missing something on the AI Mesh and guest networks? It works on my RT-AX88U running either version of the latest firmware. On the PRO version, network says it is there, active on the node, but will not assign an IP. I turn off guest network to the node in AI Mesh, and it works fine on the primary router.

The option to enable/disable DNSSEC support does not appear on this firmware release either, despite it being present previously.

same issue in beta fw for GT-AX6000, no preset servers, no dnssec

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!