What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX88U Pro Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_33308

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jerome27

New Around Here
Version 3.0.0.6.102_33308
67.73 MB
2024/01/12
Bug Fixes and Enhancements:
- Resolved issues where Guest Network Pro and VPN connections were unable to access the internet due to DNS errors occurring when certain functions were activated.
- Removed execute mode from the backup file.
- Addressed translation issues in Guest Network Pro - Guest Portal - Terms of Service.
- Corrected the VPN WireGuard client profile name issue.
- Modified VPN routing rules.
- Fixed the access LAN issue after deleting the IoT Network.
- Addressed the VPN default connection issue.
- Fixed the problem where an AiMesh node could not broadcast WiFi signal normally when creating a Guest Network Pro WiFi-only network.

Version 3.0.0.6.102_33308
67.73 MB
2024/01/12
Bug Fixes and Enhancements:
- Resolved issues where Guest Network Pro and VPN connections were unable to access the internet due to DNS errors occurring when certain functions were activated.
- Removed execute mode from the backup file.
- Addressed translation issues in Guest Network Pro - Guest Portal - Terms of Service.
- Corrected the VPN WireGuard client profile name issue.
- Modified VPN routing rules.
- Fixed the access LAN issue after deleting the IoT Network.
- Addressed the VPN default connection issue.
- Fixed the problem where an AiMesh node could not broadcast WiFi signal normally when creating a Guest Network Pro WiFi-only network.
You missed a download link..... to new member easier to find it.

I just updated too. However, I see some unusual HTML screens for:
Guest Network Pro > Custom Networks > Advanced > DNS Server > Assign

This is what I just sent to Asus using the router's Administration > Feedback feature...

Within past hour, updated firmware to 3.0.0.6.102_33308.​
Checked Guest Network Pro > Custom Networks > Advanced > DNS Server > Assign​
List does not have HTML radio buttons for selection. If there are DNS IP values already added by MANUAL SETTINGS fields and I want to change to "DEFAULT", I must enter NULL values in the Custom DNS fields and APPLY.​
There is no other way to change DNS selection to "DEFAULT" when there are DNS values already assigned.​
This method of changing DNS selections appears to be the same for other types of Guest Network Pro networks. This is very awkward. Please consider adding HTML radio buttons for both Custom and Default fields.​

Squeaky wheel get the grease :)

There is something div.radio there, but it is not showing in Firefox nor Edge. :-(

divradionotshowing.png

Style "rwd_icon_radio" is missing. However "icon_radio" do exist in file rwd_components.css.

Last edited:
There is something div.radio there, but it is not showing in Firefox nor Edge. :-(
Have you tried flushing your cache or shift-reloading the page? Could be a change in the new firmware, and your browser still had an older copy of the CSS in cache.

Have you tried flushing your cache or shift-reloading the page? Could be a change in the new firmware, and your browser still had an older copy of the CSS in cache.

Good recommendation @RMerlin. And it is for this reason I have my browser clear cache every time I close my browser. But just for grins, I did a little more snooping. @gammern is right.

In this case, it is a simple typo error on the part of Asus. As you can see in the below images, they simply mis-coded the HTML (php?) and have either the wrong CSS class or they forgot to insert the code for the rwd_icon_radio class.

This is the original. No such class --> rwd_icon_radio
Screenshot 2024-01-19 111111.png

This is my edit --> changed the HTML to an existing CSS class.
Screenshot 2024-01-19 111413.png

Shift-reloaded with Firefox, not Edge. No change. Now I have done a factory reset and loaded my last cfg file from prev version (3.0.0.6.102_32843). Still no radio buttons. Created some new IoT networks but are unable to click-set dns cause of the missing radio buttons.

Just for fun. If I modify live html in SDN.asp using Firefox Dev Tools, I can make radio button show, but not work. I.e. change "rwd_icon_radio" to "icon_radio".

radioclassname.png

Just for fun. If I modify live html in SDN.asp using Firefox Dev Tools, I can make radio button show, but not work. I.e. change "rwd_icon_radio" to "icon_radio".
Haha... Great minds think alike!

Just changing the HTML class will not likely fix the issue. The rwd_icon_radio class is probably associated with an underlying script to properly handle the "on-click" action.

Self-signed HTTPS certificate for WEB GUI renews on router reboot after update.
ASUS RT-AX88U Pro Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_33308
Ref. 1 [Firefox, Ubuntu, Linux] WEB GUI "Connection not secure" Installing Self-Signed certificate | SNBForums

Previous firmware did not renew the certificate unless explicitly requested by:
Administration > System > Local Access Config > Download Certificate > Renew
ASUS RT-AX88U Pro Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_32843

Troubleshooting steps taken.

Hard Reset
Minimal setup.
❌ Fail — Certificate renews after reboot.

Factory default Restore with ✅ Initialize.
Minimal setup.

Roll back to 3.0.0.6.102_32843
❕ Pass — Everything is working. Reboots don't renew certificate.

Now do a manual firmware upload to 3.0.0.6.102_33308
Factory default Restore with ✅ Initialize.

I didn't see anything in the update log for 3.0.0.6.102_33308 that could relate to this issue.

ASUS RT-AX88U Pro Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_33308
Firefox 122.0

Feedback sent to Asus.

This thread has been very quiet. Are people using this release successfully now?

I have been using Merlin, however it's time for a full reset and rebuild due to some issues and I was wondering if a return to stock might be worthwhile as I use less and less of RMerlin's additional feature set now.

Are people using this release successfully now?
I've been using stock, not because I think Merlin is inferior. Quite the contrary. It was the option for Merlin that convinced me a decade ago to by my first Asus AC88U.

My preference to use Asus stock FW has everything to do with "Business Continuity" - just a fancy name to consider what would happen if I were no longer able to maintain a custom FW. I'm the only one in the family that ranks as a novice 1st class (I graduated recently from 2nd class novice). Everyone else can't spell "network". So, for this reason alone, I keep things as standard and simple as possible.

I have been using Asus 3.0.0.6.102_33308 since it first came out. My use case involves
a few VLANs that point to ethernet ports connected to 2 switches and some DHCP assignments. I run AiProtect, about 35 blocked IPs in the firewall and Quad9 9.9.9.9 DNS. And I have one port forward to my Synology proxy server and NAS running 5 POE surveillance cameras. So it is pretty basic. No VPN.

The core firmware has been very stable. There are still a few feature bugs and display issues in the FW (e.g. guest network pro DNS list not showing input type="radio" properly), but the core seems solid. That said, once in a while I experience a glitch. I've not tried to trouble shoot these glitches as the router WiFi seems to pop back in if I give it a minute or so.

It is not uncommon that the router will go without any glitching for a month or so - maybe more. So, I'm generally happy with the FW, but waiting and anticipating that Asus will clean up some of the remaining issues in due time.

Thanks for your reply. I’d only seen negative posts about this release but your post puts it into perspective. I’m in a similar situation to you and a return to stock feels like the sensible route for me.

Probably my biggest challenge is that I have lots of DHCP reservations in use currently and those will need to be manually reconfigured.

Probably my biggest challenge is that I have lots of DHCP reservations in use currently and those will need to be manually reconfigured.

Check out https://www.medo64.com/wrtsettings/. https://www.medo64.com/wrtsettings/

I have used this simple program to view saved ASUSwrt settings files. You can copy and paste the fields that contain your DHCP reservations into notepad or similar txt editor. Then it is easier to cut and paste the settings into your new setup.

The warning I have received from others is not to use this utility to upload back to your router. Nonetheless, it is a good tool for viewing fields in your saved setup file.

This thread has been very quiet. Are people using this release successfully now?
I have now used this firmware for about 5 days and noticed that all my IOT sockets (tasmota ESP8266) lost the connection to the mesh router about once a day. Only after restarting the 2.4GHz network they connected again. Unfortunately no information in the log file.

The sockets connected to the node did not lose connection.
Now I'm back to Merlin 3004.388.6 and continue watching.

noticed that all my IOT sockets (tasmota ESP8266) lost the connection to the mesh router about once a day
Just curious. Are the disconnects about the same time as DHCP leases are renewed?

Just curious. Are the disconnects about the same time as DHCP leases are renewed?
It is indeed possible that the lease time had expired at the time of the disconnects. Unfortunately I don't know because I didn't pay attention to that.
Unfortunately I can't test it before next weekend.

By the way, this tool is >10 years old and using it on modern routers is not a good idea.
It is just a file decryption tool. The age has no bearing on its utility.

Like I said, I use it for reading setup files and copy and paste DHCP reservations into a clean factory reset router setup - not uploading.

Like a good wine, some things perform better with time.

What is interesting is Asus has not change its encryption scheme for at least 10 years.

See here for more info: https://github.com/pawitp/asus-romfile-tools

Last edited:
copy and paste DHCP reservations

You can also use Excel spreadsheet. Copy the GUI page data as text, paste in Excel, it will be separated in rows and columns along with custom name and host name. Adjust the columns width for better view. Save for later use in case you need to reset again.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!