What's new

ASUS RT-AX88U - Reboot issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Eric22

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I Have recently got a AX88U router but it has an issue when it gets restart. The issue appears when I restart the router (because of some unknown problems that sometimes I can't connect to Internet) but I do not get connected to the Internet (WAN) automatically. Oddly, I have to go to WAN/Internet Connection and enter a space (just to be not nothing) as my password and then click apply. Then, I get connected to the Internet. This is an issue because I do not get connected to the Internet automatically after a reboot and so far I know that sometimes reboot is the only solution to solve some connectivity problems (that should not be a case in an ideal world)
So here my speculations: first, my ISP (BT) only works with a username to connect to the internet and no password is required. When I want to enter my details (username and password) into the WAN setting, it does not accept a null password. So this is the first issue, I have to set a password. Second, to fix the first issue, I have to enter something (so far I have been entering a space (one character) into the password field) and then click apply to get connected to the Internet. When I reboot the router the password filed gets reset (like no password has been entered, so it basically ignores the space), and hence, no Internet. Then I should go and enter a space and click on apply to get connected again.

Anyone has any ideas why this happens and if it is a bug or not? I appreciate your help on this issue.

I have Merlin framework version 384.8_2 and it connects to my fiber modem directly.

Thanks,
Eric

I just use the same as my username for the password on my BT account, also have you tried the latest official release that includes some sort of Wan detection bug fix?

I just use the same as my username for the password on my BT account, also have you tried the latest official release that includes some sort of Wan detection bug fix?

I'd rather stay on Merlin for its benefits but I may give the official framework a go if this issue does not get resolved soon.
So you set your password as your username and you do not have this reboot issue, do you?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!